the entire directory
only in Issues/Abortion
Men's Rights in Abortion
RU-486 and Medical Abortion
Health: Reproductive Health: Abortion
Home: Family: Pregnancy: Loss: Memorials: Abortion
Science: Biology: Biotechnology: Stem Cells
Society: Issues: End-of-Life: Euthanasia
Society: Issues: Environment: Population
Society: Issues: Family Planning
This category in other languages:
Abortion and Ethics
- Effective meta-site containing facilitated access to relevant articles, books, court decisions, and current news articles. Biographical guide, discussion forum, Internet resources.
The Abortion Debate
- One person's attempt to take a rational look at the abortion debate, exposing flaws in the arguments on both sides. This is the preface from The Abortion Debate, a booklet for sale.
Abortion Debates and Polls
- Pro and Con forum.
Abortion Law Development: A Brief Overview
- An overview of legislative issues and court rulings affecting the abortion issue, including federal funding of abortion, partial birth abortion, parental notification, and spousal consent.
Abortion Policies: A Global Review
- United Nations Population Division report on abortion laws and policies around the world, including a country-by-country survey. [Documents are in PDF and DOC formats.]
Abortion: All Sides of the Issue
- ReligiousTolerance.org site describes the issues and various religious and ethical perspectives.
Abortion: History of Abortion in the United States
- Article on the history of abortion in the United States, plus links to further information on abortion in the US and around the world. Includes prochoice and prolife links.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Abortion
- News, background information, and links on abortion policy, including Roe v. Wade, RU-486, fetal tissue research, and related issues.
- Research study published in Psychology Today (Oct. 1998) addresses the relative developmental capabilities of the human fetus at particular gestation points. Relevant to abortion considerations.
Frontline: Abortion Clinic
- A PBS archived documentary on an abortion clinic in Chester, Pennsylvania, along with an investigation on the women who went there and why. (April 18, 1983)
Guardian.co.uk - Abortion
- Collected news, analysis and commentary about the topic.
Is it Possible to be both "Pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice"?
- Essay by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan seeking a middle ground in the abortion debate.
Just Facts - Abortion
- Large collection of short "facts" about scientific, constitutional, political and other aspects of the abortion debate. Fully footnoted to identify the sources of the information.
The Morality of Abortion: A Critique
- Personal philosophical essay that concludes that both pro-choice and pro-life positions, as understood by the author, contain anti-intuitive premises.
The New York Times - Abortion
- Collection of recent and archived news and commentary, photos, multimedia and selected web resources.
On Abortion: A Lincolnian Position
- Principled yet pragmatic, Lincoln's stand on slavery offers a basis for a new politics of civility that is at once anti-abortion and pro-choice. Published in the Atlantic Monthly, September 1995.
Planned Parenthood v. Casey
- Supreme Court verdict on five provisions of the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act of 1982.
Respect for Life
- An organization that calls itself anti-abortion yet pro-choice, and seeks to keep abortion legal and lessen it through increased birth control initiatives.
Roe v. Wade (1973)
- The U.S. Supreme Court decision which struck down many state laws restricting abortion. At the Legal Information Institute (Cornell University).
Should Abortion Be Legalised in Queensland, Australia?
- Student's argumentative essay on the social issues and legislation on abortion in the state of Queensland, Australia, including links to related sites.
Stenberg v. Carhart
- U.S. Supreme Court opinions on the controversial Nebraska partial-birth abortion case. Hosted by Cornell's Legal Information Institute.
Summary of Abortion Laws Around the World
- Gives abortion laws and restrictions in over 192 nations and territories.
Wall Street Journal - Abortion
- News articles and commentary relating to the topic.
Usenet talk.abortion -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 11:15:10 UTC -