become an editor
the entire directory
only in Thanksgiving/Ch'useok
Kids and Teens: People and Society: Holidays and Special Days: Thanksgiving: Around the World: Ch'usok
Regional: Asia: South Korea: Society and Culture
Celebrating Chu'seok at The Holiday Zone
- Includes an overview of the holiday, craft projects, printable coloring pages, word wall cards, and literature recommendations.
- A Korean student writes about the traditional observance and explains why it is important.
A Chusok Tale
- A westerner describes spending the holiday with a Korean family in this photo-essay.
Chusok: Remembering Ancestors in Korea
- A story about clearing graves in preparation for the Korean holiday.
Chusok: The Korean Thanksgiving
- An essay on the background of this three-day harvest celebration. Also explores gender roles, family structure, and North-South relations.
PBS Online: Hidden Korea/Ch'usok
- Offers concise explanation of the holiday, along with a look at Korean burial traditions and the ways in which contemporary families honor their ancestors.
Preparing for Chuseok
- Offers a foreign wife's perspective on holiday preparations.
- Short story tells of a family divided by a holiday bombing raid during the Korean War.
With a Full Moon
- A Korean student shares how Ch'usok is celebrated in her native country.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 7, 2015 at 8:45:05 UTC -