become an editor
the entire directory
only in Opinions/Religious
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Calendar: All Saints' Day
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Pagan: Wicca: Online Book of Shadows: Sabbats: Samhain
American Catholic: All Hallow's Eve
- What Catholics believe about witches, ghosts, and magic, The Tale of Jack O'Lantern and Christian aspects of the holiday.
Annie's Halloween Page
- Questions whether Halloween is really just another "harmless holiday." Written from a Christian perspective.
Christianity Today: Hallowing Halloween
- Why Christians should embrace the "devilish" holiday with gusto and laughter.
Christians Should Boycott Halloween's Evil
- Contends that celebrating Halloween is not appropriate for those who should emulate saints.
Don't Fear the Terror! Scriptures for Halloween
- A guide to Bible stories and quotes about traditional Halloween themes. Includes links to literary stories and to Christian and secular websites.
Halloween in Light of Scripture
- Contends that Halloween has its roots in everything related to Satan, therefore Christians should shun any involvement in it.
Halloween: From an Evangelical Christian Perspective
- Points out that many fundamentalist's assertions are based on erroneous materials and beliefs.
Halloween: Its Origins and Customs
- Traces Halloween back to the ancient religion of the Celtics and labels it a Satanic holiday.
Hope of Israel Ministries: Hallowe'en
- A list of articles contending this observance is bad.
The Real Origins of Halloween
- An essay into the real origins of Halloween that debunks fundamentalist's preconceptions and stereotypes.
Spoonful: Harvest Party
- Halloween alternatives, autumn crafts, autumn recipes and games for Christian families, Sunday school and the school classroom.
What the Public and Faith Groups Think of Halloween
- Statistics and a report of various opinions.
What's Wrong with Halloween?
- Cites historical and biblical arguments against celebrating Halloween.
Why Do Many Churches Oppose Halloween?
- One of 75 questions taken from the book, What People Ask About The Church, by Dale A. Robbins.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 24, 2013 at 7:09:04 UTC -