become an editor
the entire directory
only in Holidays/Earth_Day
Open Directory - Society: Holidays: Earth Day
Children and Youth
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Alternative: Ecopsychology
Society: Issues: Environment: Activism
This category in other languages:
American Catholic: Earth Day
- A Catholic look at Earth Day with resources on environmental information, stewardship of creation, and St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of ecology.
Chemists Celebrate Earth Day
- The American Chemical Society provides activities that are designed to enhance public awareness of contributions made through chemistry in preserving the planet and the environment.
- Tells what Earth Day is and when it is celebrated.
- Small site with the history of Earth Day and a poem.
Earth Day Canada
- Includes list of year-round programs and links to sales sites.
Earth Day Information Center
- Features a large collection of fact sheets and policy papers. Provided by the National Center for Public Policy Research.
Earth Day Network
- Lists how to get involved, news items, upcoming events, and their core issues.
Earth Day on Your Block
- Offers activities and projects to help help celebrate in their neighborhoods; lists ideas and resources.
International Earth Day Site
- Events, history, proclamations.
Lesson Plan - Earth Day
- Teaching plan for teachers of grades 2 - 3. Developed as a student project for Utah State University.
Mythinglinks.org: Earth Day
- Offers annotated links to sites that focus on the annual observance as well as related environmental issues.
Planetpals Earth Day
- Contains the history of Earth Day, along with many education exercises for children.
TIME Topics: Earth Day
- A collection of environmental articles published in the magazine, including stories on toxic waste, ozone and global warming.
US Environmental Protection Agency: Earth Day
- Includes history of the celebration, listing of EPA-sponsored events, and other resources.
Man vs. Nature
- Editorial asserts that Earth Day is the time to challenge the environmentalist premise that man should be sacrificed in order to preserve nature. (April 21, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 24, 2013 at 3:28:21 UTC -