become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Europe
Historical Societies, Trains and Railroads
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom
British Association of Paper Historians
- National association which aims to bring together individuals, companies and institutions with a common interest in paper: papermakers, mill and company histories, machinery manufacture and development and watermarks.
Cleveland and Teesside Local History Society
- Studies the history of the northern region including Cleveland, Teesside, Middlesbrough, Stockton, Redcar, Hartlepool, and North Yorkshire. Describes meetings and activities, publications, and membership information.
Exeter Mining History Research
- The Mineral Statistics of the UK is a long standing and ongoing research project within the Department of Economic and Social History of the University of Exeter.
Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire
- Devoted to the history of Lancashire, Cheshire, Cumbria, Merseyside, Liverpool and Manchester. Includes organizational details and events, how to join, and fully searchable index of the Society's Transactions back to 1849.
The Historical Association
- Aims to further the study, teaching and enjoyment of history at all levels: teacher and student, amateur and professional with activities, events and magazine, The Historian.
Modern Greek Studies Association
- A scholarly organization that promotes research into the language, arts, history, politics, economy, and society of modern Greece.
The Victoria Cross Society
- Information on this organization including membership and online access to society journal.
The Worshipful Company of Leathersellers
- A Royal Livery Company, granted a royal charter in 1444 by King Henry VI with the power to regulate and control the manufacture and sale of leather throughout the United Kingdom. Includes links to academic and other historical resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2012 at 15:54:07 UTC -