become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Journals
History of Science
Science: Social Sciences: Publications
Society: History: Magazines and E-zines
This category in other languages:
The American Historical Review
- Official quarterly publication of the American Historical Association. Includes guidelines for submission, staff, and editorial board. Online project and discussion archives.
Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies
- Carries studies of the languages, cultures and civilizations of these regions from ancient times to the present.
Canadian Journal of History
- Publishes high-quality articles, historiographical articles, review articles, and reviews concerning all countries and periods of history - excepting the history of Canada.
- An annual electronic journal of history published by University College Cork freely on the internet. Contains articles relating to all branches of history, with a particular focus on Irish history.
Colonial Latin American Historical Review (CLAHR)
- A journal on colonial Latin American history and culture. As a refereed quarterly, CLAHR is dedicated to publishing and promoting scholarly works about the Americas.
- Quarterly history journal publishing the academic work of secondary students. Includes subscription and submission information, contents lists, and sample essays.
Contemporary European History
- An annual which covers Eastern and Western Europe, including the United Kingdom, from 1918 to the present.
Continuity and Change
- Aims to define a field of historical sociology concerned with long-term continuities and discontinuities in the structures of past societies.
Electronic Journal of Australian and New Zealand History
- Read and contribute academic reports online in this joint initiative of the School of Humanities at James Cook University.
European Review of Economic History
- Aims to be accessible to readers from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Journal of the German History Society. Provides subscription and submission information, related links, and editorial board list; no articles available online.
Hispanic American Historical Review
- Quarterly journal of Latin American history. Publishes articles, book reviews, and other features. Includes contact information, submission guidelines, book review guidelines, and subscription information.
- Electronic journal about constitutional history. Information about the referees and submissions, as well as articles in Spanish and English available on the web or in Microsoft Word format.
The Historical Journal
- Seeks to publish papers on all aspects of British, European, and world history since the fifteenth century.
History and Theory
- Academic journal which publishes articles, monographs, book reviews, summaries, and bibliographies principally in four areas: theories of history, narrativism, historical method, and related disciplines.
History Workshop Journal
- Offers access to current and previous issues of this history periodical.
Holocaust and Genocide Studies
- International journal featuring research articles, interpretive essays, and book reviews in the social sciences and humanities. It is the principal publication to address the issue of how insights into the Holocaust apply to other genocides.
International Journal of Middle East Studies
- Publishes original research on politics, society and culture in the Middle East from the seventh century to the present day.
The Journal of African History
- Publishes articles and book reviews ranging widely over the African past, from the late Stone Age to the 1970s.
Journal of American Studies
- Publishes works by scholars from all over the world on American history, politics, literature, institutions, economics, fillm, popular culture, geography, sociology and related subjects.
The Journal of Economic History
- Devoted to the interdisciplinary study of history and economics.
The Journal of Modern African Studies
- Offers a quarterly survey of developments in modern African politics and society.
The Journal of Modern History
- An American journal for the study of European intellectual, political, and cultural history since the Renaissance.
Journal of Southeast Asian Studies
- One of the principal outlets for scholarly articles on Southeast Asia.
Journal of the History of Ideas
- Electronic and print interdisciplinary scholarly journal on intellectual history and the evolution of ideas, published by The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- A refereed semi-annual journal which features articles from a variety of theoretical approaches including feminist, Marxist and postmodernist.
Loyola Student Historical Journal
- A large selection of historical articles written by the students of Loyola University, New Orleans.
- Electronic journal published under the auspices of the University of Birmingham. Subscribers can search for and download full text articles relating to the history of the English Midlands.
Modern Asian Studies
- Promotes an understanding of contemporary Asia and its rich inheritance.
One Nation Under God
- Newsletter dedicated to exploring America's identity. This site was designed to give the reader easy access to past volumes, facilitate subscription and communication, and become a forum for patriotic themes.
The Oral History Review
- Explores the recording, transcribing, and preserving of conversations with people who have participated in important political, cultural, and economic social developments in modern times. The official publication of the Oral History Association.
- Quarterly of the National Archives and Records Administration, featuring articles based on its holdings, its regional archives, and the Presidential libraries.
Radical History Review
- Analyzes and challenges hierarchies of class, race, gender, sexuality, and empire from a variety of oppositional perspectives.
Real Aula Mallorquesa
- An Italian academy of art and science, which publishes a yearly bulletin. Provides tables of contents and submission information.
Royal Historical Society Transactions
- Presents wide-ranging reports from the front lines of historical research by both senior and younger scholars.
- Concentrating on the English-speaking world and Europe, it includes agricultural history, folklore, landscape history, archaeology and material culture.
- Covers all aspects of the topic world-wide. Published by Cambridge University Press.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 17, 2014 at 12:25:43 UTC -