become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Education
Personal and Class Pages
Kids and Teens: School Time: Social Studies
Reference: Museums: History
Science: Social Sciences: Education
Science: Social Sciences: Education: Teaching Resources
This category in other languages:
Best History Websites
- A portal created for students, history educators, and general history enthusiasts. Sites are rated for usefulness and accuracy, that will help studies or teachers in a wide variety of topics and periods in history.
Abby's Resource Page for Social Studies Teachers
- Hundreds of links to history, social studies, and education sites on the Web. Links are indexed for easy searching. Also home of the History Teachers' Education Ring.
Adventure Learning Foundation
- Creates curricula which follow online adventure learning expeditions as they travel around the world. Includes resources for use in the K-12 classroom.
American Heritage Education Foundation, Inc.
- Provides free K-12 curriculum lessons by and for teachers in social studies, U. S. history/government, political science, philosophy, and economics. The curriculum educates students about America's factual, philosophical heritage.
American History from 1899 High School Textbook
- American History from 1899 perspective. Material from book has been broken down into 5 categories and any article is no more than 2 clicks away.
Colonial America - For Freedom and Profit
- United States History project designed for grades 6-12. It is an interactive, internet-based, cooperative group activity in which students build a colony from the ground up.
- Enhances history teaching and research through primary sources, an online textbook, extensive reference resources, and interactive materials.
Dramatic History or Historical Drama?
- Article which argues that historians with dramatic skills should find ways to write plays about historical subjects rather than leaving such tasks to dramatists who mainly use historical figures to attract attention to their plays.
Global Nomads Group
- GNG is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting international dialogue by partnering educators around the world. Includes a teacher survey and project overview.
History and Social Studies
- Small directory of educational sites for the student, genealogist and family historian.
- Designed for high school and college teachers of U.S. History courses. This site serves as a gateway to Web resources and offers useful materials for teaching U.S. history.
History Picture of the Day
- This site features a new historical photograph each day, with a brief description
National History Day
- Non-profit academic program designed to promote the study of history. Includes information on upcoming contests and participation, past winners, and recommended links to history resources.
- Featuring 100 milestone documents of American history from the National Archives. Includes images of original primary source documents, lesson plans, teacher and student competitions, and educational resources.
- History of Britain and Europe 1066-2000; features activities, homework help, and background on major events.
Social Studies Education: National Council for the Social Studies
- An information resource for social studies teachers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2015 at 5:45:05 UTC -