become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/United_Kingdom
Wars and Conflicts
Open Directory - Society: History: By Topic: Wars and Conflicts: Regional: United Kingdom
American War of Independence
English Civil War
Hundred Years War
Northern Ireland - The Troubles
War of 1812
Wars of the Roses
World War II
World War I
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: History
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Military
19th Century British and Indian Armies
- Site explores the 19th Century British and Indian Armies and their soldiers. It presents various photographs, campaign medals, and the biographical studies of the soldiers represented by these items.
The Battle of Winwaed, 655AD
- An attempt to collate available information about the Battle of Winwaed (655AD), and derive its probable location. Winwaed marked the defeat of the last credible pagan force in England.
The Black Watch Archive
- Dedicated to the history of Scotland's famous Black Watch regiment. Includes casualty rolls, descriptions of battles, badges and uniforms.
Britain's Small Wars (1945-2002)
- Photographs, stories, background information, and other resources on British participation in conflicts in South Asia, Malaya, the Cold War, Kenya, Cyprus, Aden, Suez, Boreno, Vietnam, and elsewhere.
- Profiles the major battles fought on British soil, with accounts of the conflict, who was involved, and why the battle occurred.
Captain James Cook: The World's Explorer
- site contains in-depth biography, images, news, discussion forum, FAQ.
John's Military History Tour of Britain
- Includes panoramic photos and explanations of a number of military and naval sites, including battlefields, arsenals, dockyards, castles, and forts.
National Archives: Trafalgar to Korea
- Web exhibition that describes how and why Britain was at war in the battles of Trafalgar (1805), Crimea (1854), Egypt (1882), D-Day (1944) and Korea (1951), using documents, pictures and text.
- Details of British officers killed in various wars between 1750 and 1999.
- The brief memoirs of Patrick O'Rourke(1917-1996), one of the soldiers in the Royal Scots Grey.
Roll of Honour
- Detailed information about war memorials and regiments within Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Fenlands and Huntingdonshire. Includes photographs, regimental details and personal details of those who died.
Soldiers of the Queen
- An online museum of authentic Victorian-era British military photographs.
Special Air Service
- Covers the exploits of the SAS Regiment from the origins in the desert in 1941 up to the Gulf War.
Victoria Cross Awards Prior to WWI
- The pre-WW I recipients of the highest decoration for valor and conspicuous gallantry given by the United Kingdom.
WebRing: British Military History
- A collection of sites focusing on the 20th century including some with technical and chronological information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:59:01 PM EDT -