become an editor
the entire directory
only in Revolutions_and_Social_Movements/1848_Revolutions
Revolutions and Social Movements
Society: History: By Region: Europe
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century
Society: Politics: Liberalism
Society: Politics: Nationalism
Society: Politics: Revolution
Society: Politics: Socialism
1848-49 - Hungarian Online Resources (Magyar Online Forrás)
- Articles on how Europe's revolutionary year impacted on Hungary.
18th Brumaire of Louis Napoleon
- Karl Marx on the coup of 1851 which overthrew France's 1848 constitution.
Czech Republic - Revolutions of 1848
- The Paris revolution of February 1848 precipitated a succession of liberal and national revolts against autocratic governments. Revolutionary disturbances pervaded the territories of the Austrian Empire, and Emperor Ferdinand I (1835-48) promised to reorganize the empire on a constitutional, parliamentary basis.
Demands of the Communist Party in Germany
- First published: as a leaflet in Paris on March 24 or 25, 1848, in the supplement to the Berliner Zeitungs-Halle, on April 5, 1848, and in a number of other German newspapers; it was repeatedly reprinted during the revolution and after its defeat, in particular as a leaflet in Cologne issued not later than September 10, 1848.
Encyclopedia of 1848 Revolutions
- Articles about the people and ideas motivating the 1848 European revolutions. Most articles have bibliographies.
The Gathering Storm: Before the Revolutions of 1848
- Extensive article examining the factors leading to the revolutions.
Internet Modern History Sourcebook: 1848
- Includes a timeline, historical documents and contemporary articles and accounts from Europe's revolutionary year.
Marx Engels 1848
- Works, articles and essays written by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels in 1848, many of which deal with the revolutionary situation.
Modern History Sourcebook: Carl Schurz: A Look Back at 1848, 1907
- A 1908 recounting of Schurz' experience of the revolution in Bonn.
The Open Door Web Site : History : Revolutionary Europe (1820-1848)
- Examines the period from the 1820 defeat of Napoleon leading up to the 1848 revolutions.
The Open Door Web Site : History : The Revolutions of 1830 and 1848
- Short article on the 1830 July Days and 1848 revolution in France.
Revolution and Counter-Revolution in Germany
- Marx and Engels well known work.
Revolution of 1848 - Wikipedia
- Extensive encyclopedia article on the revolutions, their precursors, course and outcome.
The Revolutions of 1848 in France - Wikipedia
- Extensive article on the revolution and counter-revolution in France.
Revolutions of 1848 in the German states
- Extensive encyclopedia article.
The Revolutions of 1848 in the Hapsburg areas - Wikipedia
- Article examining the 1848 revolutions in the Hapsburg empire including Austria, Hungary and the Czech lands.
The Revolutions of 1848 in the Italian States
- Examination of the revolutions in the area now known as Italy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2015 at 1:29:56 UTC -