become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oppression_and_Intolerance/Witch_Hunts
Oppression and Intolerance
Open Directory - Society: History: By Topic: Social History: Oppression and Intolerance: Witch Hunts
Salem, Massachusetts, Witch Trials
West Memphis Three
Society: Issues: Race-Ethnic-Religious Relations
This category in other languages:
Gendercide Watch: European Witch-Hunts
- A case study of the european witch hunts, c. 1450-1750 and witch hunts today.
Groton In The Witchcraft Times
- Collections of the Massachusetts Historical Society Boston, 1883, 1-29, 3rd series.
Historical Witches and Witchtrials in North America
- Compiled by I. Marc Carlson.
The Lindheim Witch Trials
- The story, victims, and movie of the trials of 1664.
The Malleus Maleficarum
- Unabridged online republication of the 1928 edition. Introduction to the 1948 edition is also included. Translation, notes, and two introductions by Montague Summers.
The Witch Hunts
- An archive of texts and documents.
- A collection of articles and some links.
Witch Hunts (A.D. 1400-1800)
- Articles and essays about Europeans' heightened concern with the phenomenon of witchcraft during the early modern era, including materials about specific witch-hunt episodes in Europe and America.
Witchcraft, Magic and Witch Trials in Finland
- A historical archive of witchhunt and witchcraft in Finland, based on studies by Ph.D. Antero Heikkinen, lawyer and historically oriented lawyer and criminologist Timo Kervinen, and Ph.D Marko Nenonen.
Witches in the Bible and in the Talmud
- Essay examining reports of witches in the Jewish Bible, in the context of the role of women and in relation to the subsequent history of witch hunts in Christian Europe in the Middle Ages.
Helping 'Witches' Who Live in Exile
- Christian Science Monitor article about the situation of widows in Ghana who are branded as witches and forced to live in isolation. (June 22, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 10:44:44 AM EST -