become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oppression_and_Intolerance/Slavery
Oppression and Intolerance
Society: History: By Topic: Social History: Labor
Society: Issues: Labor: Slavery
The Terrible Transformation
- Numerous articles tracing the origins of American slavery from the European incursion into Africa to mid 18th century America, maps, timelines, and illustrations.
Gilder Lehrman Center for the Study of Slavery, Resistance, and Abolition
- Center at Yale University dedicated to the investigation and dissemination of knowledge concerning all aspects of chattel slavery and its destruction.
Ignatius Sancho: African Man of Letters
- A comprehensive introduction to the life and work of an 18th century slave, and his achievements in London; includes a biography, extracts from his writing, images, links, music, and bibliography,
Quobna Ottobah Cugoano :: a Former Slave Speaks Out
- An introduction to the author of the first substantial anti-slavery text written in English by an African. Includes a biography, extracts from his writing, images, links, and a bibliography.
Race and Slavery in the Middle East
- Two chapters on the roots of African slavery, specifically in the Middle eastern region, by Bernard Lewis, Oxford University Press.
Slavery and Abolition: A Journal of Slave and Post-Slave Studies
- Journal covering demographic, social, economic, historical and psychological aspects of slavery and its eradication from the ancient period to the present.
Slavery, Abolition, and Emancipation
- Resources including slave narratives, biographies of abolitionists, images, poetry, links, and further readings.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 22, 2013 at 2:38:04 UTC -