become an editor
the entire directory
only in Social_History/History_of_Education
History of Education
Open Directory - Society: History: By Topic: Social History: History of Education
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Education
150 Years of Education in Maine
- Sesqui-centennial History of Maine's Educational System and the Growth and Development of the Maine State Department of Education.
19th Century Schoolbooks
- Digital versions of selected schoolbooks and a catalog of many additional texts.
Bibliography of the History of American Education
- Compiled by Jurgen Herbst at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Blackwell History of Education Museum
- Museum at Northern Illinois University which also publishes the Blackwell Electronic Journal of Education History.
Colorado State Archives Public School Records
- Bibliography and selected excerpts of historic school records.
History of American Education Web Project
- Student compiled reports on various aspects of the history of American education.
History of Education Society UK
- A scholarly society devoted to research in the history of education mainly with a UK focus. Information provided about membership of the society, its conferences, publications and activities.
History of Education in Pasco County, Florida
- Histories of individual schools, summaries of school board minutes from 1887 to 1969
History of Rockingham County Public Schools
- Detailed history organized by schools, and superintendents as well as a historic review which consists of several articles related to school construction and pupil transportation. Virginia.
Leon County School Histories
- History of education in this Florida county, organized by superintendents, individual schools, and construction date.
Los Altos Resident Reflections
- From one-room schoolhouse to supe resident Genevieve Arntz recalls her early years teaching in South Dakota.
Negro Rural Schools in Leon County Prior to Desegregation
- Detailed histories of five historic Florida schools.
Nineteenth Century in Print
- Contains the texts of numerous historical references on the methods and theories of education.
Old Rural School As I Remember It
- Paper by Velma Fowler Matson based on her experiences attending the Towne School, District #6 fractional, in Michigan.
One Room Schoolhouse Experience, Indian Hill
- Profile of this educational program in Ohio.
Parsonsfield Seminary: 1932 Centennial Edition
- Centennial history (1832-1932) of Parsonsfield Seminary, one of the pioneering institutions of secondary education in New England. Describes curriculum, school culture and noteworthy teachers, students and founders, with illustrations.
Rise of the Universities
- Describes the religious roots of educational institutions.
Snyder Hill School
- Brief profile of this restored 1886 Pennsylvania schoolhouse which now serves as a Punxsutawney Area Historical and Genealogical Society museum.
The Lost Year Project
- The school year following the Little Rock Central High School Crisis has been named the "Lost Year," when 3,665 public high school students and their teachers were denied public education.
The Story of American Public Education
- Companion website to the PBS documentary series on the history of American educations.
History of Education
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:45:34 PM EST -