become an editor
the entire directory
only in Social_History/Health
History of Medicine
History of Midwifery
History of Nursing
History of Public Health
Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Hospitals and Asylums
Recreation: Antiques: Medical and Scientific
Disability Social History Project
- Timeline, essays, upcoming conferences, and other resources related to the history of disability in society. The ways in which people with disabilities have been treated vary dramatically throughout history and among different cultures.
The Innominate Society of Louisville
- Presentations and discussions of papers dealing with subjects of interest or importance in the fields of medical history and the cultural aspects of medicine.
Medicine and Madison Avenue
- Explores the complex relationships between modern medicine and modern advertising. Presents images and database information for various health-related advertisements printed in newspapers and magazines.
Photographs for Mental Health Care Reform: The Maryland State Care Campaign, 1908-1910
- This online exhibition traces the Maryland State Lunacy Commission's successful campaign to transfer the mentally ill from county almshouses into state hospitals. Photographs played a key role in the passage of new laws.
Social History of Medicine
- A journal concerned with all aspects of health, illness, and medical treatment in the past.
Society for the Social History of Medicine
- Pursues inter-disciplinary approaches to the history of health, welfare, medical science and practice. Organization information, upcoming conferences, journal table of contents, and internet links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 10, 2015 at 1:31:06 UTC -