become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science/Psychology
Open Directory - Society: History: By Topic: Science: Psychology
Science: Social Sciences: Cognitive Science
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Gestalt
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Mind
Classics in the History of Psychology
- Many full texts available online.
American Psychological Association - Society for the History of Psychology
- Official site of the APA. Includes contact information for committee members, journal, list of fellows, and selected links.
American Psychological Association Historical Database
- Searchable by date or keyword.
Baars, Conrad, Dr.
- Affirmation therapy and the healing of the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. The works of the late Dr. Conrad Baars and Dr. Anna Terruwe.
Bryce, Peter , Dr.
- Pioneered moral treatment of insane in Alabama. 1834-1892
Chronology of Psychology
- Milestones in the treatment of the mentally ill, history of psychological treatments and institutions, and notable persons and publications, from the Middle Ages through 1997.
Critical Psychology in South Africa: Looking back and looking forwards
- Compares the development of the field of clinical psychology in South Africa to the rest of the world, as well as the detachment from political and race relations problems from 1994 to 2004. Page also describes the development of the field in general over the years.
European Society for the History of the Human Sciences
- ESHHS brings together individuals interested in the history of psychology, anthropology, sociology, economy, and other human sciences.
Forum for History of Human Science
- An interest group within the History of Science Society, which brings together historians of economics, anthropology, psychology, sociology, and medicine.
Hall of Fame : Great Psychologists
- Brief biographies of the all time great psychologists and their work, such as background information about Freud, Pavlov, Maslow, and Allport.
HISTNEUR-L: The History of Neuroscience Internet Forum
- Features announcements, inquiries and discussion on access to historical sources and their use and interpretation.
History & Theory of Psychology
- Bulletin board for posting questions and answers about these topics.
The History of Psychology
- Etext written by a professor in the Psychology Department at Shippensburg University, PA.
The History of Psychology
- From the University of Dayton. Resources on many figures in the history of psychology, and history of psychology trivia.
History of the Brain
- A timeline of the development of our understanding of the brain, from 4000 B.C. to 2000 A.D.
- The History and Theory of Psychology eprints archive. Gives access to online versions of articles in these areas. Registered users may also deposit appropriate material.
Important Scientists in the Early Development of Comparative Cognition
- Profiles and works of researchers and observers who made important contributions to the field of comparative animal cognition.
International Society for the History of the Neurosciences
- Dedicated to promoting interest, education and research in the history of the neurosciences.
John Broadus Watson (1878-1958)
- Discusses the psychologist's childhood, university days, work at Johns Hopkins, infidelity scandal, advertising job, farm life and later acknowledgments. Includes copies of original photos of people and manuscripts.
Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences
- Home page of the longest established print journal in the field, with tables of contents back to 1996.
Milestones in the History of Neuroscience.
- A detailed timeline running from 4000 B.C. to 1997, plus a list of useful reference works and links.
Mind and Body: Rene Descartes to William James
- By Robert H. Wozniak, Bryn Mawr College.
Neuroscience History Archives
- Based at the UCLA Brain Research Institute. Identifies, collects, and preserves primary source material of twentieth century American neuroscience.
The Pre-History of Cognitive Science
- An annotated bibliography of the models of human cognition of Berkeley, Burton, Hobbes, and Locke.
RETICULUM: Neuroscience History Resources
- A gateway to events, associations, opportunities, and Internet resources for history and historians of basic, clinical, and behavioral neuroscience.
- Information about this Catholic disciple of Freud and Adler who made his own distinctive contributions to psychodynamic theory. Also provides information on related thinkers Anna Terruwe, Conrad W. Baars, and Louis Jugnet.
- Condensed edition of Descartes' 'Meditatione', with study notes and glossary
The Virtual Laboratory
- A resource for the history of the human sciences (especially psychology) and the "experimentalization of life," archiving historical texts and images, as well as new essays. Site is in English, but much of the archived material is in German.
- Information on and readings from pioneering American psychologist William James.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:24:05 AM EDT -