become an editor
the entire directory
only in Medicine/People
Open Directory - Society: History: By Topic: Science: Medicine: People
Society: History: By Topic: Science: People
This category in other languages:
Ambrose Pare - Journeys in Diverse Places
- Recounts experiences of this 16th century French battlefield surgeon from various battles over a thirty year period. Discusses medical procedures in the field.
Claude Bernard Database
- Dedicated to France's most distinguished 19th century medical scientist. Contains a biography, quotations, bibliography and images of Bernard.
Collected Papers of R.A. Fisher 1890-1962
- Specialized in statistical studies relating to genetics, evolution and eugenics. Project to put online all the papers published in five volumes by the University of Adelaide between 1971 and 1974.
Dr. Earle B. Weiss
- The life and collected writings of this Boston and Worcester area physician (born in 1932), Massachusetts Thoracic Society past president, and Chadwick Medal recipient.
- A biography of the first woman to earn an M.D. degree. Includes a list of her publications, famous family members, mention of her Civil War service and links to additional resources.
Elizabeth Blackwell: That Girl There is Doctor of Medicine
- First woman to have received an MD degree at Geneva medical college . Includes biographical data about early classroom experiences, display photos and manuscript quotes. From an online version of an exhibit held in 1999 at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda.
- Life and times of a nineteenth century British physician, prominent in both epidemiology and anesthesiology.
- English surgeon credied with the introduction of antisepsis. Brief biography and extract from his writings.
Robert Koch, M.D. (1843-1910)
- Biography of the German physician who is considered as one of the founders of bacteriology. Koch became famous for the discovery of the anthrax, the tuberculosis and the cholera bacillus and was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- Facsimile of 1835 edition of Botanic Family Physician. [PDF]
The Long View from the Watonwan River by William Hoffman
- Biography of the co-founder of Burroughs Wellcome, who spent his boyhood on the Minnesota frontier. With footnotes and related links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 1, 2009 11:27:35 PM EST -