become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ships/Ocean_Liners
Open Directory - Society: History: By Topic: Maritime: Ships: Ocean Liners
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Maritime: Ship Owners and Management
Recreation: Travel: Specialty Travel: Cruises: Cruise Lines
America's Flagship: SS United States
- Detailed information on the ship, passengers and crew, fun stuff, photo galleries, and links.
Caronia (II) Time-Line Project
- Charting the day to day position of Cunard's "Green Goddess" the world famous cruise liner RMS Caronia.
Dave Lee's Queen Mary Photo Page
- Photographs of the Queen Mary berthed in retirement in Long Beach, California.
Early 20th Century Ocean Liners
- Links to information about several German ships launched prior to the First World War.
Empress of Asia
- Details on the ship, passengers and crew including photos and information of actions during World Wars I and II.
Empress of Scotland
- An illustrated history of the Canadian Pacific ship in operation 1930-1960. Provides narrative timeline, photographs, and statistics and deck plans,
- The Ocean liner postcard and ephemera collection of Jeff Newman. Features images and histories of such lines as Canadian Pacific, Cunard, Hapag, NDL P and O and White Star. Many hundreds of ships are documented.
Hospital Ship Britannic
- Site devoted to the short career and mysterious demise of the Titanic's sister ship. Includes various maps, photographs, and facts and figures, a compilation of memorials, and message board.
Infography about the History of Ocean Liners
- Sources recommended by a professor who specializes in the study of ocean liners.
The Late Great Ocean Liners
- An on-line encyclopedia of passenger shipping, particularly in the North Atlantic, including numerous hyperlinks.
- Vessels with descriptions and history.
- Ocean liner and cruise ship history and news; includes links to ship cams, steamship line histories, preservation and restoration resources, and maritime museums.
The Olympic Class Liners
- This is the definitive research site on the Olympic class liners from the White Star Line.
PBS Online - Lost Liners
- Titanic, Lusitania, Empress of Ireland, Britannic, Andrea Doria.
- A visitor's guide from About.com, including an interview with the ship's historian about the steamer's restoration.
- The history of the second White Star Line Majestic. Also known as The Bismarch and trainee ship HMS Caledonia. Includes Commander Peter Vaughan's autograph book.
RMS Queen Mary
- Historic ocean liner built in 1936, now berthed in California serving as a tourist attraction - hotel, restaurants, tours, special events, meetings, etc.
Royal Regals - A History of Ocean Liners
- A look back at the great ocean liners of the 20th century.
SS Emerald Seas and SS Azure Seas
- General information and photo galleries.
SS United States
- Site dedicated to "America's greatest ocean liner", currently berthed in Philadelphia. Historical data and info about the SS United States Foundation.
SS United States Conservancy
- Provides history with photos and stories through the oral history project, audio-visual archives and a passenger list database project.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2014 at 6:45:10 UTC -