become an editor
the entire directory
only in By_Topic/Maritime
US Civil War
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Maritime
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: Maritime
This category in other languages:
The Battle of the Saintes
- The 1782 naval battle which revolutionised naval tactics and changed Caribbean history for 200 years.
- All subjects connected with the shipping company British India Steam Navigation.
Captain John Smith: Four Hundred Project
- The history, schedule, reenactment voyage, information on the John Smith Water Trail, and educational resources.
Carl Ossian Johnson
- Swedish pioneer in the South African fishing and whaling industry.
Farewell to the China Boats
- Photographs of life at sea in the Blue Funnel Line in the mid-20th century, reports of a WWII lifeboat journey, and old mariners' documents.
- This archive collection retraces 150 years of French maritime history through the history of famous liners (Normandie, France) and merchant navy.
The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives
- Provides information and documents about steamships including brochures, passenger lists, and immigration documents.
- Promoting public knowledge of records on the history of exploration, navigation, maritime history and travels.
Haze Gray & Underway
- Extensive naval history and photography site.
A History of Navigation
- Flash animation plotting the history of navigation through the ages from the BBC.
International Journal of Naval History
- A forum of naval history designed to stimulate naval historical research and to foster communication among naval historians. Current and archived issues, editorial board listings, letters, and submission guidelines.
Internet Naval History
- Comprehensive guide to twentieth century naval history by a published naval author. Includes a guide to finding information on ex-naval relatives and the warships they served on.
The Last Ocean Liners
- Trade routes and sailing schedules including images and facts.
- The art and science of fifteenth century navigation.
- Features a database about French privateers including name, harbor, boat, and century.
Maritime Heritage Project
- Passengers, ships, and captains arriving in San Francisco in the 19th century, plus news and tall tales of the Barbary Coast.
The Maritime History Virtual Archives
- A compendium of naval history, seamanship, ships, duties of officers and men.
- Focuses on the history and specifications of vessels that includes photos, scanned papers and postcards.
Merchant Navy Nostalgia
- British merchant ships of the 40's, 50's and 60's with history and pictures.
Naval Marine Archive
- A not-for-profit foundation dedicated to maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation, research and education through the written word and the arts.
The Naval Order of the United States
- The history and heritage society of the United States sea services.
- NOVA Online presents the search for longitude.
- A biography by Brian D. Osborne of the "Father of Clyde Shipbuilding", printed by Dumbarton District Libraries (1991).
Sailing Navies 1650-1850
- Information on naval operations during the period 1650-1850 and a listing of age of sail related fiction.
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
- A fleet of historic vessels at Hyde Street Pier, a maritime museum, and library. Boatbuilding and woodworking workshops.
- A site for lovers of all tall ships.
- An alphabetical list of US Navy ships.
- Forum and discussion board on general issues, people, ships and shipping, navies, and other maritime issues including galleries.
South Seas - Voyaging and Cross-Cultural Encounters in the Pacific
- An online information resource for the history of European voyaging and cross-cultural encounters in the Pacific between 1760 and 1800.
The Spice Routes
- Essay of routes from Southeast Asia to Africa and onward from the ancient to medieval periods focusing on the Cinnamon Route and the Clove Route.
The Texas Navies
- Historical information and pictures of the three Texas Navies - the first two fighting in Texas' war with Mexico, the third being a modern association.
Traditional Navigation in the Western Pacific
- Traditional navigation by Pacific islanders involves no compasses or charts.
World Ship Society
- International non-profit organization for maritime and naval history. Publishes Marine News and organizes local branches.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 22, 2015 at 10:15:09 UTC -