become an editor
the entire directory
only in Explorers/Columbus,_Christopher
Open Directory - Society: History: By Topic: Exploration: Explorers: Columbus, Christopher
Kids and Teens: People and Society: Biography: Explorers: Columbus, Christopher
Society: Holidays: Columbus Day
This category in other languages:
- National Maritime Museum fact file answers common questions about Columbus's life.
- Lengthy biographical article from the Catholic Encyclopedia, first published in 1908.
- Life and voyages.
Christopher Columbus and the New World of His Discovery
- Book by Filson Young (1906). Complete downloadable e-text from Project Gutenburg.
The Christopher Columbus Controversy: Western Civilization vs. Primitivism
- "In expressing suspicion and hatred of Christopher Columbus' achievements, the politically-correct are glorifying the primitivism of the tribal cultures of American Indians and denigrating the values of West".
Columbus' Letter to the King and Queen of Spain
- A translation of a letter to the Spanish monarchs written around 1494, from the Medieval Sourcebook.
- Article from the Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia.
Examining the Reputation of Christopher Columbus
- "[Columbus] was no more the discoverer of America than Pocahontas was the discoverer of Great Britain. Native Americans had built great civilizations with many millions of people long before Columbus wandered lost into the Caribbean".
Extracts from Columbus's Journal
- Selected passages from the journal of his voyage of 1492, from the Medieval Sourcebook.
Honoring Christopher Columbus
- Essay defending Columbus and his discovery, and blames others around him for the hardships and disease brought to the natives of the New World, which were also practicing human sacrifice and cannibalism.
Privileges and Prerogatives Granted by Their Catholic Majesties to Christopher Columbus
- The Avalon Project presents an English translation of the missive given to Columbus by Ferdinand and Elizabeth in 1492.
Quarto Abeunte Saeculo
- Encyclical issued by Pope Leo XIII on the occasion of the Columbus Quadricentennial, in 1892. Paints the explorer as an exemplary Catholic motivated by a desire to advance the Christian faith.
Reportret: Christopher Columbus
- Carefully reconstructed portrait without anachronisms, respecting contemporary style, and based on historical sources.
Teaching about the Voyages of Columbus
- Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name which details ways teachers can best instruct students about the different voyages of Christopher Columbus.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 21, 2013 at 18:15:11 UTC -