become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weapons_and_Equipment/Fortifications
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
World War II
Weapons and Equipment
Open Directory - Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War II: Weapons and Equipment: Fortifications
Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Fortifications
This category in other languages:
Czechoslovak Fortification 1938
- Profile of the ultimately futile fortification systems constructed by the Czechs prior to the Nazi invasion.
Delaware's Coastal Defenses
- History of Fort Miles and Fort Saulsbury and their role in defending the Delaware coast.
- Jim Apps describes and illustrates what remains of a World War 2 ring of anti-tank ditches and pillboxes built as a final line of defense to prevent the capture of London.
- Covers European fortifications of the 19th and 20th century, particularly the Maginot Line and Vallo Alpino in Italy. Contains photographs, history and weaponry information.
The Maginot Line
- History and description of the Maginot Line of fortifications along the French-German border.
The Pillbox Study Group
- Introduces the most common World War 2 defensive fortifications in the UK. Details the location, background information, history and other resources.
- Diagrams and detailed descriptions of fortification technique used in both World Wars, emphasizing the Regelbau system.
Siegfriedline / Westwall Website
- Gives details of the wall constructed along the western border of the former Reich, 1936-1945. Includes maps, art, music, technical details, historical background, and pictures.
UK World War 2 Pillboxes and Anti-Invasion Defences.
- Photos of locations in the United Kingdom showing pillboxes and other defences built to resist a German invasion in World War 2.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 23, 2013 1:05:05 AM EST -