become an editor
the entire directory
only in Naval_Forces/United_States
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
World War II
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War II: By Country: United States
Air Group 4 : Casablanca to Tokyo
- Dedicated to those who served in Torpedo Squadron 4 (VT-4), Bombing Squadron 4 (VB-4), Fighting Squadron 4 (VF-4), and Marine Fighting Squadrons VMF-124 and VMF-213.
Amphibious Forces WWII
- Contains information on the USNTS Sampson Veterans Association.
Battleship North Carolina
- North Carolina's WWII memorial. Museum is opened daily. Information on the museum, memorial, activities, and a calendar of events.
- History of U.S. Navy PBY squadrons in the WWII Pacific that painted their Catalina flying boats flat black and attacked Japanese ships at night. Provides articles, war stories, photos, history, resources, and links.
Destroyer Escort Sailors Association
- History of all 563 Navy and Coast Guard Destroyer-Escorts built for WW2 anti-sub warfare.
Destroyer Squadron 45 Ships
- History and photo gallery for USS Anthony DD515, Bennett DD473, Fullam DD474, Guest DD472, Halford DD480, Hudson DD475, Terry Dd513, Thatcher DD514, Wadsworth DD516.
- Dedicated to the American submarine fleet of World War 2 including the leaders, technology, forum and other related merchandise.
Fourth Marines Band - Last China Band
- Photo gallery of the Fourth Marines Band's last day in China just before the United States entered World War II.
The Lost American Aircraft Carriers
- Descriptions and photographs of disasters.
The Lost American Ammunition Ships
- Descriptions and photographs of disasters that occurred aboard US Navy Ammunition Ships during World War II.
The National Museum of the Pacific War
- Dedicated to telling the story of the Pacific Theater battles of World War II. Includes a list of exhibits, membership information, a calendar of events, and a bookstore.
Official Chronology of the U.S. Navy in World War II
- Revised version (1999) of 'The Official Chronology of the U.S. Navy in World War II' by Robert J. Cressman, Contemporary History Branch, Naval Historical Center.
The Rock - USS Rocky Mount (AGC-3)
- The illustrated history of the WWII amphibious assault command ship, USS Rocky Mount. She was the flagship for the Fifth and Sixth Amphibious Assault Groups and later the Seventh Fleet.
U.S. 6th Naval Beach Battalion
- An account of the June 6, 1944 Normandy invasion, personal stories, link to National Geographic story, and photographs,
The U.S.S. Neosho (AO-23)
- Dedicated to this oiler, attacked at Pearl Harbor, and sunk at Coral Sea in 1942. Includes video interviews from a surviving crewman describing those battles.
USS Aaron Ward (DM 34) Home Port
- Collection of photos, artifacts, and original documents about the AARON WARD. Photo and text intensive. Includes WWII and more recent photos along with crew listing.
USS Abbot (DD 629)
- History and crew rosters of U.S. Navy Fletcher-class destroyer, 1943-1965. Includes photos, videos, and diagrams.
USS Alaska CB-1
- USS Alaska Reunion association's website. Includes photographs, news, and reunion information.
USS Anzio Coral Sea CVE-57
- Features a Casablanca Class Escort Carrier, and includes a roster of surviving members, specifications, excerpts from documents, and photo gallery.
USS Bangust DE739
- Destroyer Escort from WWII. Photos, history, stories, reunion info.
- Information about the history and restoration of the USS Cavalla (SSK-244).
USS Enterprise CV-6
- History and information about the only carrier to fight from Pearl Harbor to Okinawa.
- History of the flagship of Desron (Destroyer Squadron) 12. Includes information on the ship's namesake, photos, and details of crew reunions.
USS Frost DE-144
- History of the destroyer USS Frost in WWII, sinking 5 German U-boats, awarded Presidential Unit Citation, 7 battle stars.
USS Guam Website CB-2
- Site devoted to an Alaska Class battle cruiser of World War II.
USS Knox (APA-46)
- A photographic history of the USS Knox, a World War II Bayfield Class Attack Transport.
- Detailed specifications of the vessel.
USS Marblehead & Dr. Wassell Information Center
- History of the USS Marblehead, the Battle of Makassar Strait, and the efforts of Dr. Wassell to treat and evacuate the wounded sailors from Java.
USS Pivot (AM-276)
- Brief article on the life of the vessel.
USS Worden (DD 352)
- History and crew roster of Farragut-class U.S. Navy destroyer that sank off Amchitka Island in the Aleutians in January 1943. Includes personal accounts and Pearl Harbor after-action report.
Welcome Aboard the USS Independence CVL-22
- History of the aircraft carrier. Includes picture gallery and personal account of a crew member.
WW II PT Boats, Bases, Tenders
- An extensive site of U.S. Navy PT Boats of World War Two. Featuring the history and development, photos, drawings, stories, memorial and action reports
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 28, 2013 at 6:45:06 UTC -