become an editor
the entire directory
only in Naval_Forces/United_Kingdom
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
World War II
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War II: By Country: United Kingdom
Fleet Air Arm Archive 1939-1945
- Covers British and Commonwealth naval aviation history, with pages on squadron units, aircraft, aircraft carriers, museums, research and veteran memorial honour rolls.
- A mystery photo album of the anti aircraft auxiliary vessel.
- The history of this World War II aircraft carrier, its crew, squadrons, aircraft and locations on its first commission (1945-1946).
Harry Tate's Navy
- The story of the Royal Navy Patrol Service through historical and personal accounts, and includes research and resources, a forum, and photographs.
The HMS Barham Association
- Official website, with Information about the ship which was sunk in 1941, those who died on her and those who survived.
HMS Hood Association
- Historical information, references, data, imagery and links concerning the cruiser and crew.
- Offers a CD with archival material about this feat of civil engineering that was key to the D-Day landings. Site provides some illustrations.
OS and OS/KMS Convoy Series
- A database of all the mercantile vessels that sailed in the OS and OS/KMS convoy series from 1941 - 1945.
Royal Navy and World War 2
- Details of naval actions and losses are structured around a chronology of the war.
Royal Navy MONAB's 1944-1945
- Details the histories of the Mobile Operational Naval Air Bases and a Transportable Aircraft Maintenance Yard (TAMY).
WWII Royal Navy Career of Alfred Miles
- Provides details on the military record of this sailor with an emphasis on the ships he served.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 23, 2012 at 5:15:06 UTC -