become an editor
the entire directory
only in By_Country/United_States
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
World War II
Relocation and Internment
Arts: Movies: Titles: W: We Served with Pride
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars
Behind Japanese Lines in Burma
- Retells the story of Detachment 101, which gathered intelligence, harassed the Japanese through guerrilla actions, identifyied targets for the Army Air Force to bomb, and rescued downed Allied airmen from April, 1942.
A Brief History of the U.S. Army in World War II
- An overview of the war in Europe and the Pacific, including maps.
Declarations of a State of War with Japan, Germany, and Italy
- Includes declarations of war, proclamations affecting enemy aliens, internment and radio speeches by President Franklin Roosevelt (The Avalon Project at Yale University Law School).
Greenland Censorship & WW2 APO's
- Study of US military censorship on Greenland 1941-45. Unit, base and naval censor used by patrol cutters and shore bases. Includes Allied and German Operations in the Arctic Region.
The Information War in the Pacific, 1945
- Documents the activities of the US Office of War Information and the role it played in the surrender of the Japanese empire.
Kodiak Alaska Military History
- WWII and Cold War structures remaining on Kodiak Island explained.
Navajo Code Talkers
- An account of the Navajo volunteers employed by the United States Marine Corps in communications security roles in the Pacific Theater during World War Two.
The OSS Society
- The first organized effort to implement a centralized system of strategic intelligence, including a newsletter and event archive.
Shipyard Day Care Centers of World War II
- Research project into the Kaiser Company's provision of shipyard child care centers for working mothers during the Second World War.
Tracing American Airborne's German Heritage
- Examines the German roots of the United States' airborne units of World War Two.
U.S. Combat Medals of WWII
- Description of American medals awarded for valor in WW II. Includes pictures and sample citations.
Victory Gardening in WW II America
- A multimedia presentation containing historical information about "Victory Gardening" efforts in support of the war.
World War II: The Homefront
- Simulation follows a typical American family through a school year during the war, covering day-to-day life and period culture, such as television, movies, and toys. Illustrated timeline charts events leading up to the war through the end of the conflict.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 8, 2013 at 14:35:05 UTC -