become an editor
the entire directory
only in Air_Forces/United_States
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
World War II
Open Directory - Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War II: Air Forces: United States
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War II: By Country: United States
Society: Military: Aviation: Aircraft: Bombers: B-17 Flying Fortress: Bomb Group Associations
Society: Military: Veterans: Organizations: United States: World War II
The 1213 MP of the 10th Army Air Force in India and Burma (CBI) during World War 2
- Features images and a history of the military police group.
401st Bombardment Group (Heavy) Association
- Contains the history of Bowman's Bombers, gallery, forum, news, references, and links.
40th Bomb Group Association
- History and documentary of a B-29 Superfortress Group, providing information on group officers and aircraft, combat crews, operations, photo archives, memorials, training film, and links.
458th Bombardment Group (H)
- Tribute site to those who served, flew, and sacrificed in B-24 Liberators with the Eighth Air Force.
467th BG (H) Online Archive
- A photo and library gallery.
500th Bomb Squadron Association
- One of four squadrons of the 345th Bomb Group, and contains association members, history, photographs, and reunions.
95th Bomb Group (H)
- The first B-17’s over Berlin, May, 1944, and includes forums, newsletter, photos, and a variety of historical documents.
American Aces of WWII
- Brief biographies and combat stories of fighter pilots.
American Aircraft of World War II
- Provides reference information. Includes photos and links.
American Visionaries - Tuskegee Airmen
- An overview and information on training, combat, and support personnel with photographs.
American Volunteer Group - Flying Tigers
- Offers articles, history, photo gallery, and information about the Curtiss P-40 fighter.
B-17 - B-24 - Pictures Missions Reports
- Pictures and information about crews and what it took to fly missions to those targets of the 8th Air Force, 91st Bomb Group, 324th Squadron.
B-24 Best Web
- Image archive and research/reference center for the Liberator Bombers.
- A photo gallery of Flying Fortress bombers that managed to get back to their bases despite serious battle damage. Provides descriptions by sections, resources, links, and feedback.
Bill Neutzling's B-24 Liberator
- Offers the descriptive anatomy of a mission over Mulhdorf Germany, B-24 pictures, mission documents, crew updates, and links.
Buddies of the 9th Association
- Covers the battle order while on its brief stay in England, and contains membership information, magazine, and store.
Clarence E. Bud Anderson's Website
- Dedicated to the triple ace who flew the P-51 Mustang, "Old Crow", includes photos and information on the 357th Fighter Group and a tribute to Chuck Yeager.
Eighth Air Force
- Article on unit which carried out daytime bombing operations in western Europe from airfields in eastern England from 1942.
- A resource that includes all of the research done for books, magazine articles, lectures and interviews with famous and significant aviators from around the world.
The Flying Knights of WWII
- The history of 9th Fighter Squadron, including unit history, theatres of combat, lineage, scrapbook, and links.
Gloversville NY 15th AF
- The men and planes of the 15th AirForce in WWII. Large collection of contemporary photos of United States military aircraft.
The Jungle Air Force of WW II
- Stories and images of the 13th Army Air Force.
Kingman Army Air Field & Storage Depot 41
- The History of Kingman Army Air Field & WAA Storage Depot 41
Lucky Ones of the 8th AF USAAF
- The stories of 8th AF USAAF personnel who were shot down or crash landed in Denmark and Sweden 1943-1945.
Marshall Stelzriede's Wartime Story
- The experiences of a B-17 navigator.
The Mighty 8th Army Airforce
- Memorials, biographies, photos, and links.
The Naper 28
- The untold story of the largest military aircraft crash in the continental United States containing interviews, history, and links.
NAST Home Page
- History of Naval Air Station Tillamook in Oregon home to a Lighter Than Air Squadron.
- History and galleries that include aircraft, pin-ups and cartoons.
United States Air Force Military Heritage Database
- Records of the 8th Air Force during the war.
United States Army Air Force Resource Center
- Resources for the preservation and dissemination of the history of those who served.
USAAF Nose Art Research Project
- The gathering and recording of information and photographs on named or embellished planes of all types in all theatres of operation, and to detail the work done by men and women who painted nose art.
WASP on the Web
- The history of the first women to fly America's military aircraft, Women Airforce Service Pilots, during the war.
The Writing 69th
- Covers the story of a group of journalists, including Walter Cronkite and Andy Rooney, who covered the U.S. 8th Air Force in World War II.
WW2 History of the 86th Fighter Group
- Historical and personal information, and includes a gallery and personal stories.
Z Square 7, A B-29 True Story
- Introduces the reader to the crew of the B-29 known as Z Square 7, 42-63486, which flew with the 881st Squadron/500th Bombing Group/73rd Wing, stationed on Saipan, and was shot down in Tokyo Bay on May 24, 1945. Includes photos and information on similar bomber crews and related material.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:35:08 PM EDT -