become an editor
the entire directory
only in Near_East/Gallipoli
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
World War I
Theatres of Operations
Arts: Movies: Titles: G: Gallipoli
Regional: Middle East: Turkey: Regions: Marmara: Canakkale
Regional: Middle East: Turkey: Society and Culture: History: Ataturk, Mustafa Kemal
Anzacs: Officers died at Gallipoli, 1915
- Biographic details of approximately 500 officers of the Anzac Corps who died due to service on the Gallipoli Peninsula, Turkey, in 1915. Photographs and maps as well as details on how eligible families may apply for an Anzac commemorative medallion.
The Gallipoli Association
- The Association's objective is to preserve the memory of the men who served in, and commemorate the events of the Great War campaign on, the Gallipoli (Gelibolu) peninsula, Turkey, between April 1915 and January 1916. Historical information on the campaign.
The Gallipoli Campaign
- Substantial history of the campaign, based on an essay from the Oxford Companion to NZ Military History.
The Gallipoli Front - An Overview
- Step-by-step account of the Gallipoli campaign on land and sea.
- Concise account of the campaign, with quotations from several British participants and observers.
Gallipoli: The Drama of the Dardanelles
- Well presented collection of information on the battle, produced jointly by the (british) Imperial War Museum and the Australian War Memorial in 2000.
- Contains text, documents, graphics, timelines, video and audio about Australians in the Anzac landing and campaign.
The Zion Muleteers of Gallipoli
- The story of this unit, the first regular Jewish fighting force for 2000 years, which served at Gallipoli.
The Age - Brits made major Gallipoli sacrifice too
- Aussies and New Zealanders remember the sacrifice of their forebears at Gallipoli but few will realise that far more British soldiers died there. (April 20, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 16, 2016 at 8:24:38 UTC -