become an editor
the entire directory
only in World_War_I/Personalities
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
World War I
Asquith, Herbert Henry
Ataturk, Mustafa Kemal
Bean, Charles Edwin Woodrow
Hindenburg, Paul von
Lawrence, Thomas Edward
Lloyd George, David
Remarque, Erich Maria
Wilson, Thomas Woodrow
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War I: Art and Literature
This category in other languages:
Admiral Reinhard Scheer
- Family information and military career of Admiral Scheer of the Imperial German Navy.
- Short biographies of political and military leaders of the Central Powers.
A Dedication to a British Hero - Sergeant William Gregg
- The story of Sergeant William Gregg of the Rifle Brigade, covering his service on the Western Front.
- A short biography of Captain Eddie Rickenbacker, commander of the US 94th "Hat-in-the-Ring" Squadron.
For King and Empire: Canada's Soldiers in the Great War
- A collection of stories, diaries and letters concerning Canadian soldiers.
- The story of brothers Paul Taylor Funkhouser and Albert Craig Funkhouser, who both served and died with the American Expeditionary Force.
A Group Photograph - Before, Now, and In-between
- The stories of 50 officers of the 8th Battalion Royal Berkshire Regiment, linked by a group portrait from 1915.
Leon "Jack" Tachauer - His War
- The story of Leon Tachauer of the Hampshire Regiment.
The Letters, Diary, Postcards, and Pictures of a World War I Soldier
- The story of Corporal Paul B Hendrickson of the 129th Infantry, 33rd Division, American Expeditionary Force, with diary excerpts and letters.
Major John George Brew - The Road to War
- The story of Major John George Brew, of the 9th Battalion Royal Irish Fusiliers, covering his service in France from 1914 to 1918.
- Short biographies of military commanders.
- The story of Sergeant Claude Harmon Wakefield of the 55th Sanitary Squad, American Expeditionary Force.
- Short biographies of British and Allied political leaders.
Pte Alfred J. Brockman, R.A.M.C.
- Alfred Brockman was awarded the Military Medal (MM) for devotion to duty and especially for bringing in wounded under shell fire.
Remembering the Sounds of my Grandfather's Footsteps
- The story of Corporal Guy Edington and the US Army Coast Artillery Corps and Ordnance Department in World War I.
- Short biographies of individual soldiers.
The Story of James Henry Begent
- The story of Jim Begent of the Royal Naval Division, including his service in Belgium and escape from a POW camp.
Trenches on the Web - Biographies Index
- Biographies and photographs of prominent figures, including royalty, political leaders, generals, and military heroes.
- Short biographies of selected war heroes.
- Biographies and photographs of prominent figures, including royalty, political leaders, generals and military heroes.
Women and War
- Short biographies of prominent women, including nurses, administrators and writers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 4, 2015 at 12:14:04 UTC -