become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wars_and_Conflicts/World_War_I
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
World War I
Art and Literature
Theatres of Operations
Society: Military: Veterans: Memorial Web Sites
This category in other languages:
British and Commonwealth Mining Operations on the Western Front
- An undergraduate dissertation on mining warfare from the British perspective Neil Ashworth.
Centre for First World War Studies
- University of Birmingham resources for academics, graduate students and lay persons. Includes site map, seminars, events, forums, and members' publications.
Documents of World War I
- Collection from before 1914 to 1919.
The Espionage Act, May 16, 1918
- On-line document as amended.
EyeWitness: World War One
- Eyewitness accounts of some of the key events in the war.
The Great War
- Anglo-centric collection of articles giving details of major battles of WW1 and news of current events relating to First World War battlefield sites
Great War 1914-1918
- In depth battle studies using translated material from both German and allied official documents.
The Great War in the Classroom
- Article describes an online interactive simulation used to teach the origins of World War I. The potential pitfalls of using role-playing in the history classroom are discussed, as well as the reasons for its success.
The Great War Series
- A collection of all War Times Journal resources relating to the First World War. Includes historic archives, photo galleries and specially written articles.
The Great War Society
- Society encourages discussion, learning, scholarship, and independent research on the events surrounding the war.
The Guardian - First World War
- Collected news, analysis and commentary on the centenary, including an interactive documentary video and weekly interactive photographs.
The Heritage of the Great War
- Articles, cartoons, and pictures on the bizarre heritage of the war.
The Legends and Traditions of the Great War
- Links to resources.
The Memorial at Bidford-on-avon
- Memorials of the men of the parish who made the ultimate sacrifice in the Great War (1914-1918), including galleries.
A Multimedia History of World War One
- A collection of source documents detailing origins, treaties, major speeches, personalities, battles, weapons, audio archive, and photographs.
University of Virginia Library: Joseph M. Bruccoli Great War Collection
- This collection includes posters, sheet music, broadsides, manuscripts, ephemera, movies, and photographs.
West Point - Campaign Atlas to the Great War
- Collection of maps of the battles, military campaigns and aftermath of World War I. Created by the USMA Department of History for military training purposes.
Western Front Association - United States Branch
- An international organisation formed to further interest in the period 1914-1918.
The Western Front Museum
- Dedicated to the war, exhibiting an extensive collection of battlefield relics which have been personally retrieved from the various battlefields in Europe.
What Really Caused World War 1?
- Article putting the case that America was drawn into the war as the result of a conspiracy.
The World War I Document Archive
- Photographs, links, articles, a biographical dictionary and related resources.
World War One Cemeteries
- A site of remembrance, with photographs, directions and historical information on over 1000 cemeteries of the Great War, also many photographs of military cemeteries and memorials around the world.
- Collection of websites, magazine and e-publications about the Great War.
World War I
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 23, 2014 at 13:10:31 UTC -