become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/United_States
By Time Period
Bush, George Herbert Walker
Carter, James Earl
Eisenhower, Dwight David
Ford, Gerald Rudolph
Johnson, Lyndon Baines
Kennedy, John Fitzgerald
Nixon, Richard Milhous
Reagan, Ronald Wilson
Truman, Harry S
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States
Conflict Seems Vaguely Un-American - Teaching the Conflicts and the Legacy of Cold War
- An essay by Alan Filreis about the way McCarthyism and anti-Communism of the 1950s continues to affect cultural and social debates in America today. Thoroughly researched and referenced.
John Kennedy and the Cold War
- A discussion of John F. Kennedy as Cold Warrior, his belief in communist expansionism, and his role in escalating American involvement in Vietnam.
Stony Brook Air Force Station
- A history of the Cold War mission of an operational storage site of the United States Air Force.
U. S. Naval Air Station, Port Lyautey, Kenitra, Morocco
- Dedicated for the remembrance for American Servicemen who served at the Naval Air Station during the cold war years.
U.S. Military Spending In The Cold War Era
- Analysis by Robert Higgs, Professor of Political Economy at Lafayette College and the author of Crisis and Leviathan: Critical Episodes in the Growth of American Government.
- Provides background information on the USS Pueblo, a US Navy spy ship, that was attacked by the North Korean military on January 23, 1968 and its crew, who were imprisoned for 11 months. Includes links to related information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2015 at 5:15:06 UTC -