become an editor
the entire directory
only in Twentieth_Century/Cold_War
By Time Period
Maps and Atlases
Nuclear Weapons Issues
Cuban Missile Crisis
Korean Air Lines Flight 007
Nicaraguan Civil Wars
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Atomic Age
This category in other languages:
A Bipolar World - The Cold War
- Provides links to documents on the origins of the Cold War, the Berlin Crises, the Cuban Crises, periods of East-West detente, and information on Cold War leaders.
- Includes history and psychological examinations of this period.
The Cold War
- A summary of the Cold War.
Cold War Museum
- Presents essay-like articles, commenting selected events of the Cold War in a narrative, chronological way, accessible through a timeline. Also photo presentations in a museum-like way.
Cold War Project
- A miscellaneous collection of information, documents and photographs. Produced by Videofact
Cold War: Postwar Estrangement
- A historical exhibit of contentious Soviet-American relations before and during the Cold War. Includes links to Russian language documents relating the Soviet views of the Cold War.
The Diefenbunker - Canada's Cold War Museum
- The Diefenbunker was built in 1959-61 to house Canadian leaders during a nuclear attack but now serves as Canada's Cold War Museum. Includes Diefenbunker history, facts, virtual tour, and trivia.
Disturbed Ground: Journeys Along the Remnants of the Iron Curtain
- The story of the divide told through an exploration of the 800-mile scar it left behind by Eron Witzel.
The Flying Crowbar
- At the dawn of the atomic age, scientists began work on what might have been the nastiest weapon ever conceived.
Harvard Cold War Studies
- Features declassified documents, information about The Journal of Cold War Studies, a digital multimedia archive, and related links.
Instruments of Statecraft
- Study of U.S. guerilla warfare, counter insurgency, and counter terrorism, from 1940 to 1990.
Krieghan's Cold War Presentation
- History of the Cold War with information and slide show of the major players and the principal arenas of the Cold War. Includes a chronology of major events and interviews with people who lived through the events.
Notes on Nationalism
- An essay by George Orwell in 1945.
Political Writings of George Orwell
- Essays, newspaper columns, letters and editorials from 1943 - 1947.
Politics and the English Language
- An essay by George Orwell in 1946.
A Secret Landscape
- National-security Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) infrastructure. Focuses on ad hoc C4I sites.
Soviet Archives: Entrance Room
- An online exhibit on how Soviet-American relations were conducted between the two governments and the two societies. Also discusses inner workings of the Soviet system of government.
Stanislav Petrov Averts a Worldwide Nuclear War - Bright Star Sound
- The story of Stanislav Petrov, a Russian officer whose refusal to launch a nuclear strike, in response to a false report of a US attack, averted a nuclear war in 1983.
Thaw in the Cold War: Eisenhower and Khrushchev at Gettysburg
- Information on a 1959 Soviet-American summit and how President Eisenhower's brand of diplomacy led to a temporary easing of Cold War tensions. Includes documents from the meeting, a small image gallery, and links to further sources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 31, 2014 at 0:48:56 UTC -