become an editor
the entire directory
only in By_Time_Period/Twentieth_Century
By Time Period
Open Directory - Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Wars and Conflicts
Recreation: Living History: By Time Period: 20th Century
Society: History: By Topic: Social History: Pop Culture
This category in other languages:
20th Century Archives
- A site dedicated to making available "lost" and uncirculated articles, stories, and news of the 20th century. Categories include business, celebrities, the future, health, history, humor, music, radio, TV, quotes, and music.
America in the 1930s
- Views the period through films, radio programs, literature, journalism, museums, exhibitions, architecture, art and other forms of cultural expression.
Berkeley Campaign Art
- Images of political posters reflecting Berkeley's progressive-left community and culture from the 1970s onward.
Do You Remember the 70's, 80's and 90s
- Share your memories of what the 70's, 80's and 90's were really about. Read about what others remember and leave your own memories for others to read.
EyeWitness to History - 20th Century
- First-hand accounts of historic events including sinking of the Titanic, 1906 San Francisco earthquake, Lindbergh's flight over the Atlantic, and Scott's 1912 expedition to the South Pole.
Historical Atlas of the Twentieth Century
- Large collection of color-coded atlas maps showing world population, governments, wars, and other historical trends including many brief historical commentaries.
The History Guide: Lectures on Twentieth Century Europe
- Series of full-text university lectures on the history of 20th century Europe, from Nietzsche's pronouncement of Godless man to the fall of Soviet Communism in 1989.
- Collection of memoirs, historical people and places from the times of the British Raj and colonialism in India prior to partition in 1947 written by Patrick O'Meara.
Intervention and Exploitation: US and UK Government International Actions Since 1945
- A chronology of events by country
JN Ding Darling Foundation
- Read chronicled politics, thoughts, and trends of the 20th century. Winner of two Pulitzer prizes for the drawing of editorial cartoons.
The Menzies Era
- Australian popular culture from 1949 to 1972 including music, movies, books, and sport.
- An online magazine of life in the 50s, 60s and 70s.
- The history of the Great British Seaside Holiday from the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s.
Streamliners: America's Lost Trains
- A chronicle of the impact of the streamliner passenger rail system on American culture during the mid-twentieth century.
Teaching the 20th-Century History of the United States
- Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name which deals with how to teach students about 20th Century American history.
United Nations Organization Milestones
- One-page timeline of events from the creation of the UN to today.
- Dedicated to helping American veterans and others achieve peace of mind through using history, personal and collective.
Year by Year: 1990-2004
- Highlights the most important events of the century, time line, cultural events, and natural disasters. Includes a history quiz for various decades.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:45:21 AM EDT -