become an editor
the entire directory
only in By_Time_Period/Sixteenth_Century
By Time Period
This category in other languages:
- Provides a chronology of events, significant people, inventions, discoveries, and introductions.
The Audiencia of New Galicia in the Sixteenth Century - A Study in Spanish Colonial Government
- A complete text by J. H. Parry, 1948 by subscription.
Charter to Sir Walter Raleigh - 1584
- The complete text of the document.
The Colloquy of Montbeliard - Religion and Politics in the Sixteenth Century
- Jill P. Raitt explores the complex array of shifting political alliances and religious tensions which characterized the Holy Roman Empire after the Peace of Augsburg, 1993 by subscription.
- Illustrated with period maps, drawings, and letters, this site follows the paths of sixteenth century conquistadors Hernán Cortés, Francisco Pizarro, Cabeza de Vaca, and Francisco de Orellana.
Divulging Utopia - Radical Humanism in Sixteenth-Century England
- Work that examines the humanist movement in England and traces the reception of a single work, Sir Thomas More's Utopia (1516), in relation to that movement by David Weil Baker, 1999 by subscription.
The Dutch Declaration of Independence
- The first declaration of modern times in 1581.
Elizabeth I - The Spanish Armada 1588
- The queen's words when she visited her troops in the field.
Europe and England in the Sixteenth Century
- Covers political, social, religious, and economic history by T. A. Morris, 1998 by subscription.
Events That Changed the World through the Sixteenth Century
- Expulsion of the Muslims, flowering of the Renaissance, religious strife, and expansion into the New World, political, religious, and social changes that took place on every continent are examined by John E. Findling, 2001 by subscription.
Evidence of 16th-Century Spanish Fort in Appalachia
- Archaeologists may have unearthed evidence that Spanish soldiers roamed Appalachia with photographs.
The Forest of Rhetoric
- Provides a guide to the terms of classical and Renaissance rhetoric.
The Gospel of John in the Sixteenth Century - The Johannine Exegesis of Wolfgang Musculus
- This study of Johannine exegesis covers nearly every important commentator on John from the first half of the century, and examines the medieval and patristic traditions on which they drew by Craig S. Farmer, 1997 by subscription.
History of Dogma in the Period of the Mendicant Orders, till the Beginning of the Sixteenth Century
- Part of the complete text written by Dr. Adolph Harnak.
A History of Political Thought in the Sixteenth Century
- Work that focuses on political theory by J. W. Allen, 1951 by subscription.
History: The 16th Century
- Innovations, inventions, discoveries and personalities of the 16th century within a comprehensive chronology.
Internetography on Renaissance Intellectual History
- The main focus is on history of philosophy from c. 1348 to c. 1648.
Le Poulet Gauche
- A guide to the history, culture, and daily life of 16th century France.
Luther's Legacy - Salvation and English Reformers, 1525-1556
- Carl R. Trueman distinguishes Luther's influence from that of the Catholic Humanists before him on these five reformers, 1994 by subscription.
Northern Mannerism in the Early Sixteenth Century
- Historical article on art.
Proponents of Limited Monarchy in Sixteenth Century France - Francis Hotman and Jean Bodin
- A complete readable book by Beatrice Reynolds, 1931 by subscription.
The Protestant Reformation in Sixteenth-Century Italy
- The complete book by Salvatore Caponetto, 1999 by subscription.
Queen Elizabeth I Against the Spanish Armada
- The words spoken by the Queen when visiting the troops in the field as they prepared for battle in 1588.
Reformers of the 16th Century - An Online Study
- A list of links to sites.
The School of the Sixteenth Century
- Held yearly to train re-enactors in the various aspects of portraying Spanish explorers and colonists during the Age of Discovery.
The Sixteenth Century
- Describes society during this time period.
Sixteenth Century Maps
- Maps of political boundaries as they stood in the sixteenth century.
Sixteenth Century Society and Conference
- A society with an interest in the early modern era (c. 1450 - c. 1660).
- The complete text by Leonard W. Cowie, 1977 by subscription.
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA)
- Organisation dedicated to researching and recreating pre-17th century European history.
The Spanish Armada
- A fact file article as published by National Maritime Museum.
Wars of Religion
- Articles, maps, and bibliography detailing the wars between Protestants and Catholics.
William Harrison (1534-1593): Description Of Elizabethan England
- The complete text of Holinshed's Chronicles issued in 1577.
Wives and Daughters - The Women of Sixteenth Century England
- The achievements of personal success and personal wealth by Kathy Lynn Emerson, 1984 by subscription.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 21, 2016 at 7:24:06 UTC -