become an editor
the entire directory
only in War_of_1812/Battles
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
War of 1812
Open Directory - Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century: Wars and Conflicts: War of 1812: Battles
Battle of Crysler's Farm
- Commemorating the victory of Lieut.-Col. Joseph Morrison's outnumbered Anglo-Canadian army over the invading Americans on November 11, 1813.
Battle of Mississinewa
- Mississinewa 1812 is the largest War of 1812 living history event in the United States. It is a historical commemoration of the Battle of Mississinewa fought here on December 17 and 18, 1812.
The Battle of Plattsburg - Victory on Lake Champlain
- The story of the dramatic Battle - September 11, 1814, turning point of the War of 1812. Includes decscription, images, and links.
Battle of the River Raisin
- The River Raisin Battle (aka Battle of Frenchtown) near present day Monroe, Michigan was a major defeat for the Americans and was one of the bloodiest engagements during the War of 1812.
A British Account of the Burning of Washington
- A British soldier present at the burning of the city of Washington on August 23, 1814, wrote this account in his book, "A Narrative of the Campaign of the British Army at Washington and New Orleans."
Jackson at Pensacola
- US General Jackson's describes the capture of Pensacola, Florida from the Spaniards.
The Road to Washington - British Army Style
- Map and an account of the events preceding the Battle of Bladensburg and the invasion of Washington. Also presents and alternative account of the writing of the Star-Spangled Banner.
A Scottish Regiment at the Battle of New Orleans
- The 93rd Sutherland Highlanders were deprived of their kilts and feathered bonnets and sent into action in tartan trews and a particularly unbecoming form of cocked Kilmarnock bonnet.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:35:10 AM EDT -