become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mexican-American_War/Personalities
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
Open Directory - Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century: Wars and Conflicts: Mexican-American War: Personalities
Fremont, John Charles
Grant, Ulysses Simpson
Lee, Robert E.
Polk, James Knox
Regional: North America: Mexico: Society and Culture: History: People
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: People
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century: People
Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna
- The most famous and infamous Mexican who dominated 19th century Mexican politics and relations with Texas. A series of articles from many sources.
David Emanuel Twiggs
- Biography and photo of this U. S. General.
General Winfield Scott and the Mexican-American War (1846-1848)
- General Winfield Scott defeats a numerically superior Mexican force in a 5 month campaign. Article with a link to a biography.
Maj. Gen. John Ellis Wool
- An 1880 biography of this U.S. General.
Montgomery County Historical Society: Henry S. Lane
- Biography of Henry Smith Lane (1811-1881), early Republican, and commander of the 1st Regiment Indiana Volunteers during the Mexican War. Covers their experience in some detail.
Samuel Chamberlain's My Confession - A Young Man in the War with Mexico
- Samuel Chamberlain. My Confessions - Recollections of a Rogue. An extraordinary first-person account of a young man in the war with Mexico.
- Biography and portrait of the artillery leader who fell at Palo Alto and became a national hero.
William Jenkins Worth
- Biography and photograph from the Aztek Club of this U.S. General.
- A brief biography of Scott covering his 50 year military career.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:46:41 UTC -