become an editor
the entire directory
only in By_Time_Period/Nineteenth_Century
By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
Arts: Art History: Periods and Movements: Victorian Genres
Arts: Literature: World Literature: American: 19th Century
Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: 19th Century
This category in other languages:
- Features biographies and entries on reformers, supporters, laborers, working conditions, and other things related to child labor in Britain.
The Complete Victorian
- Portal to everyday life in Victorian Britain, including such items as recipes, articles about social customs, facts about clothing and decorating, and a timeline of Victorian events.
The Fugitive Slave Bill or, God's Laws Paramount to the Laws of Men
- A sermon, preached on Sunday, October 20, 1850, includes image files of original 24 page booklet.
The Gentleman's Page
- A practical guide to attire, etiquette, and other social topics for the 19th Century American man.
- A mid-1800s crossroads community in the upstate New York village of Ontario with tours and activities.
Large Slaveholders of 1860 and African American Surname Matches from 1870
- List of large slaveholders and surname matches with an alphabetical index of holders of 10% of all slaves in the U.S.
Making of America
- A digital library of primary sources in 19th-century American social history from the antebellum period through Reconstruction.
Memoir of What I Endured During 32 Months of National Service in the Italian Army
- A journal by Michele Fuschino, a stone worker of Vinchiaturo in the Province of Molise during the years 1881-1883.
Nineteenth-Century American Children and What They Read
- Magazines and books read by 19th-century American children, especially works published before 1870, includes timeline, books and authors, papers and analyses, and images.
On Power Looms
- Essay by William Radcliffe.
Proceedings of the United States Anti-Masonic Convention
- Transcript of the 1830 convention of the populist protest party, from an anti-Mason site.
- Web documentary on John Horse and the Black Seminoles, maroon allies of Seminole Indians who led the largest slave rebellion in U.S. history.
The Regency Plume Newsletter
- To enrich the reader's knowledge of the period and to aid authors who are setting books within that time frame in their quest for historical accuracy.
Religion in Nineteenth Century America
- Book review of author Grant Wacker.
The Sixteen Largest American Slaveholders from the 1860 Slave Census Schedules
- As transcribed by Tom Blake.
The Time of the Lincolns
- A feature which portrays life in America in the mid-nineteenth century.
The Trail Of Waitangi
- Short extracts about New Zealand history from the early missionary era.
Trails of Hope - Overland Diaries and Letters
- a collection of the original writings of 49 voyagers on the Mormon, California, Oregon, and Montana trails.
The Valley of the Shadow - Two Communities in the American Civil War
- The archives tell the story of major national political events that occurred between 1859 and April 1870.
Victorian Source for Victorian Restoration and Decorating
- Sources for home and furniture restoration or decorating, including historical articles and pictures for accuracy.
Victorian Turkish Baths
- Their origin, development, and gradual decline.
The Victorian Web
- Extensive collection of essays about life and culture.
- Explore the etiquette, dress, food, games and dance of Victorian society.
William Loney RN - Victorian Naval Surgeon
- Life and times illustrated by original documents and photos, extracts from ships' and medical logs, maps, period documents, and background historical material.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 20, 2014 at 14:34:34 UTC -