become an editor
the entire directory
only in War_and_Weapons/Norman_Conquests
By Time Period
War and Weapons
Open Directory - Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages: War and Weapons: Norman Conquests
Battle of Hastings
Battle of Stamford Bridge
William the Conqueror
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: History: Medieval
This category in other languages:
1066 and the Effects of the Norman Conquest on England
- A collection of original and reprinted articles from the author of a novel set in the aftermath of the Battle of Hastings.
The Battle of Fulford
- Information about the battlefield near York and the 20 September 1066 battle of Fulford, which preceded Hastings. Includes maps, photographs, and accounts, as well as a description of efforts to preserve the area from development.
- The Bayeux Tapestry. Reproduction, translation and history.
- Describes this medieval tapestry illustrating the history of William the Conqueror, Harold II, the battle of Hastings and the Norman conquest.
The Bayeux Tapestry
- History of, and commentary upon the famous tapestry.
British History - The Normans
- Continuing the on-going history of the British Isles, this site looks at the effects and changes brought in by the Norman invasion in AD 1066.
Gerald of Wales - The Norman Conquest of Ireland
- Translation of a contemporary account.
Ireland's History in Maps
- An essay with supporting maps.
Secrets of the Norman Invasion
- Nick Austin examines the primary sources. He is particularly interested in trying to determine exactly where the Normans landed prior to the Battle of Hastings.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:46:38 UTC -