become an editor
the entire directory
only in Middle_Ages/Manuscript_Images
By Time Period
Arts: Art History: Periods and Movements: Medieval Art
Arts: Genres: Science Fiction and Fantasy: Themes: Fantasy Races and Creatures: Bestiaries: History: Middle Ages: Art
Shopping: Publications: Books: Used and Rare
The Aberdeen Bestiary
- An on-line database of text, digitised images, commentary and translation from the 12th century encyclopedia of the natural world.
The Burnet Psalter. University of Aberdeen
- Full-page images (text and illustration) and details from this 15th-century manuscript. Includes an introduction, commentaries, notes on editorial and technical practice, and a bibliography. The text is accompanied by a full transcription of the Latin and summaries in English.
- Catalan manuscripts in UC Berkeley's collections.
Codices Electronici Ecclesiae Coloniensis
- The medieval manuscript holdings of the Episcopal dioecesan and cathedral library Cologne digitized. 140,000 pages and descriptive metadata are available. NB Use the 'Optionen' tab to get to the english-language version.
Codices Electronici Sangallenses
- A virtual library of medieval manuscripts from the monastery of St. Gall, Switzerland.
Digital Catalogue of Illuminated Manuscripts
- Ability to search a large resource of manuscripts with images online
- an image database of medieval and Renaissance manuscripts, intended to unite scattered resources from many institutions into an international tool for teaching and scholarly research.
- Devoted to collecting, storing and distributing digital images of Medieval manuscripts.
Early Manuscripts at Oxford University
- Digital facsimiles of complete manuscripts, scanned directly from the originals.
Early Medieval Maps
- Time chart, index of early maps, monographs, and databases.
Les Très Riches Heures du Duc de Berry
- The Paris Web Museum provides a guide and illustrations of the famous calendar section of this beautiful illuminated book of hours commissioned by the Duc de Berry c.1412.
The Medieval Bestiary
- An online repository of information on the Medieval Book of Beasts - the Bestiary - its history, meaning and sources, and on animals in the Middle Ages in general.
Medieval Illuminated Manuscripts
- Presents the collection of the Dutch Royal Library and the Museum Meermanno-Westreenianum in The Hague. Highlights and database with images and backgrounds.
- Part of an MA course, this introduction gives hands-on experience for reading, interpreting and understanding medieval texts.
- An introduction to the history of writing in Western Europe, including basic paleography and the social history of literacy.
The Morosini Codex: - A 15th Century Venetian Chronicle
- The largest surviving single private document from 15th century Venice.
- Bibliography for some 35,000 ancient and medieval manuscripts housed in ancient or modern libraries. Includes links to online resources.
Rome Reborn: the Vatican Library and Renaissance Culture
- An online museum that presents some 200 of the Vatican Library's most precious manuscripts, books, and maps.
- Illustrated glossary explaining the monastic scriptorium from Joe Chiffriller, part of the New York Carver.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 1, 2014 at 17:59:14 UTC -