become an editor
the entire directory
only in Daily_Life/Urban
By Time Period
Open Directory - Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages: Daily Life: Urban
Society: History: By Topic: Social History: Urban History
Anglo-Saxon England: Settlement-Rural and Town Life
- A lecture by Dr Graham Jones that addresses the concept of towns in Anglo-Saxon times in England.
Medieval Art in Pisa
- The Virtual Museum offers a comprehensive view of the historical and artistic heritage of one of the most important cities in medieval Italy.
Medieval England - Daily Life in Medieval Towns
- Article by David Ross describing common features of urban life in the Middle Ages.
Medieval English Towns
- Information about cities and towns in England during the Middle Ages with particular emphasis on social, political and constitutional history, compiled by Stephen Alsford. Extensive primary material (in translation).
The Middle Ages: Town Life
- A basic introduction from Annenberg/CBP Projects.
The Plans and Topography of Medieval Towns in England and Wales
- A collections of papers read at a symposium in November 1974 and edited by M.W. Barley to form CBA Research Report No 14.
The Rise of Commerce and Towns
- Lecture by Lynn Harry Nelson, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas.
A Survey of the History of English Placenames
- An essay from the Society for Creative Anachronism, with bibliography.
Urban Economic Regulation for Morality and Welfare in Medieval England
- Richard Britnell's paper discussing the unique commercial regulation that arose in trade communities in the Middle Ages.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 3, 2012 7:15:05 AM EDT -