become an editor
the entire directory
only in Middle_Ages/Byzantine_Empire
By Time Period
Arts: Classical Studies
Society: History: By Region: Middle East: Ottoman Empire
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Rome
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Orthodox
This category in other languages:
The Byzantine Empire
- An article on the division of the Roman Empire into two parts, an Eastern and a Western.
- A presentation of the history, art, culture, and heritage of the empire.
- Article on understanding the essential characteristics of their literature by knowing the elements of the civilization.
- Provides an illustrated description of Macedonia under the rule of the empire.
Byzantine Studies at the University of Notre Dame
- An introduction to the field, annotated bibliographies and translations of primary and secondary literature.
- Exhibition celebrating the University of Michigan's involvement in the recovery of the material culture.
Byzantium - Byzantine Studies on the Internet
- Resources directed more to scholars.
ByzNet - Byzantine Studies on the Internet
- Brief overview, maps, images of art and coins, and a list of the emperors from 395 to 1453.
Early Byzantine Period
- A comprehensive view of the first steps of the Byzantine Empire from the Foundation of the Hellenic World. Covers politics, economy, society and culture.
- A site devoted to the history and culture of the Byzantine Empire. Includes photographs, maps and articles.
The History Of The Byzantine Empire
- The empire from 395-1453 A.D, including links.
Internet Medieval Sourcebook - Byzantium
- Primary sources on the history, religion, emperors and empire.
Selective Byzantine Timeline
- A selective timeline of Byzantine history from About.com.
Society for the Promotion of Byzantine Studies
- Furthers study of the history, culture, language and literature of the Byzantine Empire. Events and exhibitions, funding opportunities, publications and theses, fieldwork and courses.
Suda on Line
- Suda is a 10th century massive Byzantine encyclopedia , one of the first of the kind. The aim of the Suda on Line project is the translation and annotation of this work as well as the enrichment of the Suda content with traditional as well as electronic resources relevant to this work.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 24, 2015 at 13:35:02 UTC -