become an editor
the entire directory
only in By_Time_Period/Middle_Ages
By Time Period
Open Directory - Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages
Journals and Newsletters
Royalty and Famous People
Societies and Conferences
War and Weapons
Art and Literature
Arts: Writers Resources: Fiction: Romance: Research: Medieval
Society: History: By Region: Europe: Renaissance
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient
This category in other languages:
Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies
- An academic site, written and maintained by medieval scholars for the benefit of their fellow instructors and serious students. Authors are held to high standards of accuracy, currency, and relevance to the field of medieval studies.
- Cross-referenced list of terms.
Danny Yee's Book Reviews: Medieval History
- Reviews of titles covering aspects of the period, including some works on areas outside Europe and West Asia.
Exploring the Middle Ages - Mostly Medieval
- Ballads, medicine, religion, and holy days.
Flags of the Crusades 1099-1291
- Information on the structure and designs of flags from the high medieval to early modern periods.
Internet Medieval Sourcebook
- Selected sources, full text sources, and lives of saints.
Knights and Armor
- Dedicated to the history of the medieval knight and knight related topics.
- An educational site about living and working in eleventh to fourteenth century England, produced by high school students.
Medieval Spell: The Medieval History Source
- Information on architecture, knightly life, society, and war.
- Links to life in the Middle Ages and to castles.
Medieval Times & Castles
- Provides information on history, castles, life, warfare, and torture.
The End of Europe's Middle Ages
- A large tutorial site designed to assist those students engaged in Renaissance, Reformation and Early Modern studies who lack a background in medieval European history.
The History of Costume
- Image index by Braun and Schneider - c.1861-1880.
The Internet Medieval Sourcebook
- A database of primary and secondary sources, categorized by time period as well as location, offering articles, transcripts, and related links. By Paul Halsall.
The Medieval Times
- Discover the people, culture, technology and development that made up this rich and vibrant part of world history through a concise timeline and articles on battles, the feudal system, witches, invasions, and the crusades.
The Middle Ages
- Articles with images about life and culture.
The Middle Ages and Renaissance
- Important events described by eyewitnesses, with introductory explanations. Includes the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle on the 12th-century English civil war, Marco Polo describing Kublai Khan in battle, and the discovery of America by Columbus.
The Normans, A European People
- Comprehensive coverage of the history, culture and heritage of the Normans in France, the British Isles and Italy. Includes biographies, genealogies of rulers, a gazetteer of Norman buildings, places to visit and bibliographies.
The Origin and Deeds of the Goths
- Charles C. Mierow's translation of the text by the 6th century writer Jordanes, presented as a single hypertext file.
The Plague, 542 A.D.
- An excerpt from Procopius', History of the Wars.
The Realm of The Mongols
- Information on Mongol society, history and culture.
The Year 1000 - Apocalyptic Year Extraordinaire?
- Medieval attitudes to the end of the previous millennium and argues for an apocalyptic viewpoint, Center for Millennial Studies.
Usenet soc.history.medieval -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:34:00 AM EDT -