become an editor
the entire directory
only in Persia/People
By Time Period
- A listing with links to information on the individuals.
- Information on the royal dynasty.
- A biography as written by Plutarch in 75 A.C.E.
Artaxerxes IV - Arses
- An Achaemenid king who ruled 338-336 B.C.E.
- A brief biography of the king, son of King Cyrus.
- A vivid account of the invasion of the African Desert.
- An article of the king's demise at the hands of King Cyrus.
- An account of his life and achievements with information on his resting place in Pasargade, his Charter of the Rights of Nations, and a replica bas-relief.
- A king and founder of the Achaemenid empire.
Cyrus of Anšan
- A brief article of a king, the grandfather of King Cyrus the Great.
Cyrus the Great
- Brief biographical sketch of the first Achaemenian king.
Cyrus the Younger
- The story of the prince (424/423-401), who revolted against his brother, King Artaxerxes II Mnemon.
Darius the Great
- The life of a king, whose reign lasted from 522 to 486.
- A chronological list with names.
- A chronological list with names and images.
When Cyrus the Great Was a Boy
- Paper by Xenophon.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 16, 2014 at 3:12:27 UTC -