become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ancient/Persia
By Time Period
Recreation: Collecting: Coins: Ancient: Parthian
Recreation: Collecting: Coins: Ancient: Sassanian
Regional: Middle East: Iran: Society and Culture: History
Accounts of Persian Despotism and Law
- Narrations found in Herodotus's The Histories, written c. 430 B.C. and The Book of Esther, written c. 300 B.C.
Achaemenid Royal Inscriptions from Persepolis in Electronic Form
- An article containing images as written by Matthew W. Stolper.
- Visit sites within Babylon, Assyria, and Persia through the many images.
Artaxerxes III Chronicle
- A tablet dealing with the sack of Sidon c.346 B.C.E.
Avesta - Zoroastrian Archives
- A significant collection of Zoroastrian texts.
A Collection of Contracts from Mesopotamia
- Covering areas of sales and purchases, rentals, labor contracts, co-partnerships, loans and mortgages, bankruptcy, power of attorney, marriage, divorce, adoption, and inheritance.
- one of the great cities of ancient Mesopotamia and the capital of Persia.
The Decree of Return for the Jews
- As written by Kurash (Cyrus) the Great.
Iran in the Bible
- Persia and its people according to the Bible, including images, audio, and links.
List of Kings of Persia
- Listing of dynasties and the rulers.
On The Customs of the Persians
- Paper by Herodotus.
Persepolis and Ancient Iran
- Document on architecture, reliefs, and finds of the palaces at Persepolis, prehistoric mound of Tall-i-Bakun, Islamic city mound, and aerial survey flights with photographs.
- Extensive collection of short articles.
- Links to online articles.
Persia and the Greeks - The Defence of the West, C. 546- 478 B.C
- Andrew Robert Burn provides a fairly balanced view of the Achaemenids in their dealings with the Greeks, 1962 by subscription.
- A detailed account of the empire that includes photographs, maps, chart, and links.
- Articles on the Medians, Achaemenids, Seleucids, Parthians, and the Sassanids. Features mp3 lectures, royal lines, and timeline.
The Persians Reject Democracy/Darius' State
- An excerpt from Herodotus's The History.
Queen Tomyris of the Massagetai and the Defeat of the Persians
- Written account by Herodotus.
Women in Ancient Persia, 559-331 B.C
- A picture of women and their economic and political importance in the empire by Maria Brosius, 1998 by subscription.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2015 at 5:15:07 UTC -