become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ancient/Etruscans
By Time Period
Open Directory - Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Etruscans
Regional: Europe: Italy: Society and Culture: History
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Rome
This category in other languages:
A Salute to the Etruscan Origins Of Tuscan Cuisine
- An essay by Lucio Sorré. [PDF]
Ancient Etruscans and Romanisation
- Origins, social structure, wealth and economic dominance, art, and their downfall.
- Selected works of art and architecture which includes maps, drawings, and photographs.
- Book review with map.
- Origins, the society, Roman heritage, and a list of cities.
Etruscan Resources and References
- General information, list of books, and links.
- Development of the culture.
Major Tomb Discovery Illuminates Italy's Etruscans - The Lost People
- An article on a new archaeological find.
Reports of the Etruscans
- Excerpts from Herodotus and Livy.
- Features a tour of cities, a virtual visit inside a city, and shopping.
The Etruscans in the Ancient World
- Fully up-to-date account of the very earliest days translated by Sheila Ann Ogilvie, written by Otto-Wilhelm Von Vacano, 1960 by subscription.
The Etruscans: A Population-Genetic Study
- A research paper published in the American Journal of Human Genetics, April 2004.
The Etruscans: Mysterious People of Italy
- A glimpse into their lives by Jaime Kozlowski.
The History of Etruria
- Introduction, origins, orientalizing period, early Rome, Etruscan decline, and the burning of the books.
The Mysterious Etruscans
- Illustrated introduction to various aspects of Etruscan life, art, and heritage.
Usenet humanities.classics -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:43:18 AM EDT -