become an editor
the entire directory
only in Africa/Nubia
By Time Period
Regional: Africa: Egypt: Society and Culture: History
Regional: Africa: Sudan: Society and Culture: History
Accounts of Meröe, Kush, and Axum
- Selected excerpts from Herodotus, Strabo, Dio Cassius, and Procopius of Caesarea.
Ancient Nubia - Egypt's Rival in Africa
- An exhibit that includes a press release, an illustrated article of the first Aswan Dam, and a gallery of artifacts.
Ancient Nubia - Egypt's Rival in Africa.
- General historical and culture information of the past and present with images.
Ancient Sudan ~ Nubia
- Articles by Ibrahim Omer on the ancient history and cultures of the ancient civilization of Nubia in Sudan
Chronology of Ancient Egypt and Nubia
- Known as the Land of Gold and Land of the Bow.
Drowned, but Triumphant
- Museum in Aswan awarded the International Aga Khan Award for Architecture, includes images.
Egypt Guide for Travel and Tours, Modern and Ancient Egypt,
- Ancient sites of Aswan, Idfu, Kom-Ombo, and Nubia with description and images
- Description and history of Elephantine Island, from predynastic times to the present.
Gebel Barkal, Nubia
- A brief history, including plans to reconstruct digitally.
History of Egyptian Architecture
- Study of Abu Simbel from the standpoint of its architecture through images.
History of Egyptian Architecture - Philae
- Photographs with comments.
Kush, Meroe, and Nubia
- Early history of the area from Paleolithic times to the 15th century.
Map - Philae
- Clear and well-labeled drawing of the island.
- Text which chronicles the history and remaining archaeological and artistic evidence of this remarkable fusion of cultures based on common grounds of Christian faith and adaptation.
Neither Goddesses Nor Doormats - The Role of Women in Nubia
- Scholarly paper includes a history with a conclusion and notes.
New Nubia Museum in Aswan
- A detailed in-depth review and description of the facility contents.
- A brief history illustrated with color images and a working timeline.
- A detailed history with emphasis on religious aspects of its culture.
- Essays from ancient times to the present, geography, and culture that includes photographs.
- Detailed illustrated article with a map.
Nubia - Its glory and Its People
- An exhibition brochure on the history from 3800 B.C. through 1400 AD.
- Describes Nubia, the international effort to save Nubian monuments and artifacts, and the museum and its contents; from TourEgypt.
- Photographs with comments.
- Temple views with comments after being rebuilt.
Sudan - Christian Nubia
- Christianity in Nubia from the sixth to the sixteenth century.
Temple of Philae
- Brief description with drawings and color photographs.
- Basic information on the past and present, a chronology, galleries, newsletter, forum, references, and links.
Upper Nubia at Kalabsha
- Description of small temple of Het-Hert with photograph.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 17, 2015 at 6:15:04 UTC -