become an editor
the entire directory
only in Egypt/Texts
By Time Period
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Graphemics and Orthography: Egyptian Hieroglyphs
Ancient Egyptian Reader
- General information and numerous translations of work from this period.
Atum - A Bisexual High God
- An excerpt from the Coffin Texts on origins.
The Dead Pharaoh Ascends to Heaven
- An excerpt from the Pyramid Texts, texts inscribed on the interior walls of the pyramids of certain pharaohs of the fifth and sixth dynasties (c. 2425-2300 B.C.).
The Dead Pharaoh Becomes Osiris
- A selection from the Pyramid Texts.
Debate Between Osiris and the High God
- An excerpt from the Book of the Dead, Chapter 175.
The Deir el-Medîna Database
- Database of non-literary documents found at Egyptian village of Deir el-Medina archaeology excavation.
Demotic Texts on the World Wide Web
- A guide to internet resources on papyri.
Duke Papyrus Archive
- Images and texts concerning various ancient Egyptian papyri, plus links to papyrology on the web.
Egyptian Cosmogony and Theogony
- An excerpt from The Book of Overthrowing Apophis, a late work.
The Egyptian High God in the Age of the Coffin Texts
- Writing inscribed on the interior of coffins belonging to the Middle Kingdom (2250-1580 B.C.)
The Egyptian Land of Silence and Darkness
- A song in which a woman laments the death of her husband.
Egyptian Law Readings
- A bibliography of texts regarding ancient Egyptian laws by Bernard Hibbitts, University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
Egyptian Love Poetry
- Ancient verse, c. 2000 - 1100 B.C.E.
- Two texts by Flinders Petrie.
Hymn to Ra
- A glimpse at the Egyptian reverence for their gods.
The Love Songs of the Chester Beatty
- A papyrus containing songs for entertainment.
Mans Soul Identified with Both Osiris and with Nature
- The clearest identification of the soul with nature that the ancients have left us from the Coffin Texts.
- An excerpt from Herodotus's The Histories.
The Offering of Uha
- Male and female circumcision, c. 2400 B.C.E.
Osiris - The Prototype of Every Soul who Hopes to Conquer Death
- A portion of the Coffin Texts.
The Papyri Pages
- Pictures, articles, and links about ancient Egyptian papyri.
The Papyrus Carlsberg Collection
- A large collection housed at the University of Copenhagen.
Papyrus of Ani
- The Egyptian Book of the Dead as translated by E. A. Wallis Budge.
The Papyrus of Ani
- Translation of this version of the 'Book of the Dead' by E.A. Wallis Budge.
The Precepts of Ptah-Hotep, c. 2200 B.C.E.
- Electronic text of Ptah-Hotep's precepts, as translated by Horne.
Princess Ahura - The Magic Book
- A tale, c. 1100 B.C.E., from The World's Story, A History of the World in Story, Song and Art.
Pyramid Texts Online
- Discover the texts in the pyramid of Unas, has photographs of the walls and translations.
The Rosetta Stone
- Translation of the Greek section.
The Shipwrecked Sailor
- A tale of Ancient Egypt, c. 2200 B.C.E.
A Spell for the Revival Osiris
- A Coffin Text excerpt.
The Tale of Horus and the Pig, c. 1900 B.C.E.
- Why the Egyptians did not eat pork from the Coffin Text, c. 1900 B.C.E.
The Tale of the Eloquent Peasant
- A remarkable appreciation of the rights of the common people, c. 1800 B.C.E.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 27, 2014 at 9:05:07 UTC -