become an editor
the entire directory
only in Egypt/Texts
By Time Period
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Graphemics and Orthography: Egyptian Hieroglyphs
Ancient Egyptian Reader
- General information and numerous translations of work from this period.
The Deir el-Medîna Database
- Database of non-literary documents found at Egyptian village of Deir el-Medina archaeology excavation.
Demotic Texts on the World Wide Web
- A guide to internet resources on papyri.
Duke Papyrus Archive
- Images and texts concerning various ancient Egyptian papyri, plus links to papyrology on the web.
Egyptian Love Poetry
- Ancient verse, c. 2000 - 1100 B.C.E.
- Two texts by Flinders Petrie.
Hymn to Ra
- A glimpse at the Egyptian reverence for their gods.
The Love Songs of the Chester Beatty
- A papyrus containing songs for entertainment.
- An excerpt from Herodotus's The Histories.
The Offering of Uha
- Male and female circumcision, c. 2400 B.C.E.
The Papyri Pages
- Pictures, articles, and links about ancient Egyptian papyri.
The Papyrus Carlsberg Collection
- A large collection housed at the University of Copenhagen.
The Precepts of Ptah-Hotep, c. 2200 B.C.E.
- Electronic text of Ptah-Hotep's precepts, as translated by Horne.
Princess Ahura - The Magic Book
- A tale, c. 1100 B.C.E., from The World's Story, A History of the World in Story, Song and Art.
Pyramid Texts Online
- Discover the texts in the pyramid of Unas, has photographs of the walls and translations.
The Rosetta Stone
- Translation of the Greek section.
The Shipwrecked Sailor
- A tale of Ancient Egypt, c. 2200 B.C.E.
The Tale of Horus and the Pig, c. 1900 B.C.E.
- Why the Egyptians did not eat pork from the Coffin Text, c. 1900 B.C.E.
The Tale of the Eloquent Peasant
- A remarkable appreciation of the rights of the common people, c. 1800 B.C.E.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2015 at 5:15:06 UTC -