become an editor
the entire directory
only in Women/Suffrage_Movement
Open Directory - Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Women: Suffrage Movement
Anthony, Susan Brownell
Society: People: Women: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Suffrage and Political Participation: History
Carrie Chapman Catt Girlhood Home
- Web site for the Iowa childhood home of U.S. suffrage leader Carrie Chapman Catt, including a biography, extensive bibliography, multi-media gallery, and links to other sites related to woman suffrage and women's history.
History of Women's Suffrage
- Student project. Detailed history of the women's suffrage movement along with quotes, speeches, a report on the responsibility of voting, a timeline, and pictures and photos from the movement.
Library of Congress: Votes for Women
- Selections from the National American Woman Suffrage Association (NAWSA) Collection, which includes books, pamphlets and other artifacts documenting the women's suffrage campaign.
The Long Road to Suffrage
- About.com page on the 1848-1920 cause for woman suffrage in the United States. Includes various timelines, biographies, photographs, and articles.
The Nineteenth Amendment and the War of the Roses
- Dramatic story of the decisive Tennessee legislature vote for ratification of the 19th Amendment in Nashville, August 18, 1920.
Not for Ourselves Alone: The Story of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony
- Learn how women got the right to vote--and how two 19th century women made it happen--in this interactive look at the struggle for suffrage. Delve into historical documents and discuss the state of the women's movement today.
The Seneca Falls Convention
- A short history from the Smithsonian Institute of events surrounding the Seneca Falls Convention. This convention marks a major step toward women's equality.
The Seneca Falls Convention: Teaching about the Rights of Women and the Heritage of the Declaration.
- Provides the full-text of this ERIC Digest which details the history of the Seneca Falls Convention and gives lesson plan ideas for teaching about it.
Timeline of Women's Suffrage
- A timeline overview of the women's suffrage movement. American Women's 72-year fight to win the vote.
Votes for Women: 1850-1920
- Votes for Women Suffrage Pictures, 1850 - 1920, collection contains pictorial portraits and scenes document the fight to gain women the vote.
Votes for Women: Selections from the National American Woman Suffrage Association Collection, 1848-1921
- Consists of the text of 167 books, pamphlets and other artifacts documenting the suffrage campaign.
Western New York Suffragists: Winning the Vote
- Biographies of numerous suffragists (Susan B. Anthony, Clara Barton, Elizabeth Blackwell, Frederick Douglass, and others) and timelines of the movement.
The Woman Suffrage Timeline
- Chronological history of women's struggle for voting rights in the United States.
Women's Suffrage - Winning the Vote for Women
- About.com page offers detailed history with hundreds of links, including profiles of Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, the Pankhursts, and Mathilda Jocelyn Gage.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 29, 2008 at 16:15:20 UTC -