become an editor
the entire directory
only in West/Louisiana_Purchase
Open Directory - Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: West: Louisiana Purchase
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Presidents: Jefferson, Thomas
Society: History: By Topic: Exploration: Explorers: Lewis and Clark
Avalon Project at Yale Law School:The Louisiana Purchase, 1803
- Contains documents relating to the purchase: treaties, conventions, statutes, and messages to Congress during the period 1800-1804. Also includes Hunter Miller's notes on the 1803 treaty of purchase. From the Avalon Project web site of documents in law, history, and diplomacy.
History Buff: Articles on Major Events: Louisiana Purchase
- Full text of news reports published in the Columbian Centinel and Massachusetts Federalist newspaper in Boston, from March 16, 1803 through November 30, 1803.
The Louisiana Purchase and the Exploration, Early History, and Building of the West
- The history of the Louisiana Territory both before and after its purchase by the United States. Text of 1903 book by Ripley Hitchcock.
The Louisiana Purchase Bicentennial in Arkansas
- Bicentennial events in Arkansas, with news and calendar.
The Louisiana Purchase: A Heritage Explored
- A collection of primary sources and early published works, searchable by keyword. Accompanied by background essay and teachers' guide. A project of the Louisiana State University Libraries.
Teaching about the Louisiana Purchase
- Provides an overview of the Louisiana Purchase with tips for teaching about it to students.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:15:11 AM EDT -