become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/West
Old West Reenactment
State of Jefferson
Arts: Literature: Genres: Western
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: West
Society: People: Cowboys
New Perspectives on The West
- Companion site to Ken Burns' program about the American West featuring an interactive timeline, maps, and archived primary source materials.
Conservation Chronology 1847-1871
- A time line showing the Nations efforts at conservation in the American West. The people and the places in pictures and biographies.
The Depression Years (1929-1940)
- Period photos and description of the impact of the Depression on the West.
History of the American West
- Photos from 1860-1920 from the collection of the Denver Public Library, searchable index by keyword, subject or name.
The History of the Upper Midwest
- An overview of the history of the upper Midwest including lay of the land, the Indians, the French, the British, the ordinances, the pineries and the mines.
Jewish Museum of the American West
- An online museum that tells how and why Jews were successful in creating the basic foundations of the American Wild West.
Lone Hand Western
- Provides information on chuck-wagon lore, western music, cowboy stories, recipes and historical tidbits.
Meeting of Frontiers
- Tells the story of the American exploration and settlement of the West and the meeting of the Russian-American frontier in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.
The Northern Great Plains (1880-1920)
- Photographs from Fred Hultstrand and F.A. Pazandak Photograph Collections with 900 photographs of rural and small town life at the turn of the century.
Repositories of Primary Sources: Western United States and Canada
- Provides links to primary sources of historical materials relating to the history of the Western United States.
Union Pacific Rail Road-History
- This is the story of the first transcontinental railroad; the greatest, most daring engineering effort the country had yet seen.The idea was to span the west with iron rails from Omaha to Sacramento.
Western History Association
- Information about this association which exists to promote the study of the North American West in all its varied aspects and in its broadest sense.
- A collection of United States history research links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 13:15:03 UTC -