become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/West
Old West Reenactment
State of Jefferson
Arts: Literature: Genres: Western
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: West
Society: People: Cowboys
New Perspectives on The West
- Companion site to Ken Burns' program about the American West featuring an interactive timeline, maps, and archived primary source materials.
- Collection of articles and research links about the history of America's West from Virtualology.com.
Conservation Chronology 1847-1871
- A time line showing the Nations efforts at conservation in the American West. The people and the places in pictures and biographies.
The Depression Years (1929-1940)
- Period photos and description of the impact of the Depression on the West.
History Channel: This Day in Old West History
- Daily article about a birthday or major event on that day related to the American West.
History of the American West
- Photos from 1860-1920 from the collection of the Denver Public Library, searchable index by keyword, subject or name.
The History of the Upper Midwest
- An overview of the history of the upper Midwest including lay of the land, the Indians, the French, the British, the ordinances, the pineries and the mines.
Jim Janke's Old West
- List of resources on historical, cultural, social, technological, and other aspects of the Old West.
Lone Hand Western
- Provides information on chuck-wagon lore, western music, cowboy stories, recipes and historical tidbits.
Meeting of Frontiers
- Tells the story of the American exploration and settlement of the West and the meeting of the Russian-American frontier in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.
The Northern Great Plains (1880-1920)
- Photographs from Fred Hultstrand and F.A. Pazandak Photograph Collections with 900 photographs of rural and small town life at the turn of the century.
Repositories of Primary Sources: Western United States and Canada
- Provides links to primary sources of historical materials relating to the history of the Western United States.
Union Pacific Rail Road-History
- This is the story of the first transcontinental railroad; the greatest, most daring engineering effort the country had yet seen.The idea was to span the west with iron rails from Omaha to Sacramento.
Western History Association
- Information about this association which exists to promote the study of the North American West in all its varied aspects and in its broadest sense.
- A collection of United States history research links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 19:54:11 UTC -