become an editor
the entire directory
only in Civil_War/Travel_Guides
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Historic Places
Blue and Gray Trail
- Chronology/timeline of the Civil War, its causes and Reconstruction, battles, politicians, generals, and related sites
Blue and Gray Trail
- North Georgia saw over one hundred thousand men die in less than a year at places whose names are forever engraved in the minds of the American past: Chickamauga, Missionary Ridge, and the hell hole. Nowhere else in this war did so many men die in such a short period of time.
Civil war battlefield tours
- Guided tours of civil war battlefield sites. Specialists provide background detail of personalities and history of each tour and battle site.
Civil War History in Nashville & Middle Tennessee
- Guide to Civil War historic sites, including battlefields and antebellum mansions, in Nashville and Middle Tennessee.
Civil War History Tours
- From washingtonpost.com, suggestions for one-day and weekend trips to visit important sites and monuments in the Washington D.C. area.
Civil War Traveler
- Travel information for Civil War sites and events in Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Washington DC.
The Civil War Traveler
- Features a summary of historical interpretive signs and maps for civil war touring trails from Pennsylvania to South Carolina.
Journey Through Hallowed Ground - Civil War
- NOn Profit organizations site that follows historic sites from Gettysburg to Albemarle County, VA along the Old Carolina Road (Rt. 15/231).
Pamplin Historical Park
- From August 1864 through April 1865, the blue and gray fought a number of bitter and bloody engagements, the Federals trying to isolate Petersburg from its supply routes and the Confederates desperately defending their lifelines to the outside world.
Touring the Battle of Atlanta
- Takes visitors on a tour of the battlefield using present-day landmarks to describe the events of July 22, 1864 (the battle of Atlanta).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 26, 2014 at 17:34:41 UTC -