become an editor
the entire directory
only in Personalities/Mosby,_John_Singleton
Mosby, John Singleton
Open Directory - Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars: Civil War: Personalities: Mosby, John Singleton
Regional: North America: United States: Virginia: Localities: W: Warrenton
The Civil War in the Shenandoah Valley: Colonel John S. Mosby
- Offers a biography, photos and extensive background material including external links.
Col. John Mosby and the Southern Code of Honor
- Presents the leader of the Civil War's most successful guerrilla command as cultural icon and American hero, discussing the concepts of 'primal' honor, gentility, chivalry, appearance and oath-taking. Includes his biography, his reputation in the North, his actions after the war and further reading suggestions.
Documenting the American South: The Memoirs of Colonel John S. Mosby
- Online illustrated text of the autobiography of John Singleton Mosby (1833-1916), the Grey Ghost of the Confederacy and post-war ambassador and statesman. From the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Find A Grave: John Singleton Mosby
- Photographs of the Colonel for the Confederacy and of his gravestone in Warrenton Cemetery, Virginia.
George S. Patton Historical Society Library: Memoirs of Colonel John S. Mosby
- Online text of the memoirs of the Confederacy's Gray Ghost, published in 1917.
Mosby's Confederacy Tours
- Guided tours of Civil War sites relating to John Singleton Mosby, the Gray Ghost, and his Rangers. Includes biography and background resources. Warrenton, Virginia.
Pickett Society: Col. Mosby's Claim Unsubstantiated
- Discusses the alleged coldness between Generals Lee and Pickett after the war. Includes exchange of letters between Mosby and K.C. Stiles in the Times-Dispatch newspaper of Richmond, Virginia during March and April of 1911.
Smithsonian Institution: John Singleton Mosby (1833-1916)
- Brief profile of the Civil War 'Gray Ghost' of the Confederacy. Includes photo of a bronze bust by Edward Virginius Valentine (1838-1930).
Womack Family News: Col. John Singleton Mosby
- Biography and copies of some military reports by Capt. John S. Mosby, Virginia Cavalry, from a family's genealogy site.
Mosby, John Singleton
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:35:01 PM EST -