become an editor
the entire directory
only in Civil_War/Confederacy
Loring, William Wing
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: South and Southeast
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: South
Society: Issues: Territorial Disputes: United States: The South
Causes of the Civil War
- Provides listing and explanation of causes of the war from a North Georgia perspective.
The Civil History of the Confederate States
- A brief history of the Confederacy.
- The Congress of Delegates from the seceding Southern States convened at Montgomery, Alabama, on February 4, 1861. They quickly adopted a provisional Constitution, and in less than a month, devised and approved a permanent Constitution, which was adopted March 11, 1861.
- C.S.A. deserters in context. Studies in broad view and detail, and comparisons to the North. Some Anti-Confederate views challenged.
Confederate Government Senators
- Lists names of Confederate Senators along with the state each represented.
- Includes biography and pictures of Robert E. Lee, rebel links, polls, webrings, MIDIs, and flags.
The Confederate States of America
- Provides details of the Confederacy from its beginning in 1861 to its end in 1865.
Confederate States of America Constitution
- Complete text and signers included.
Confederate States of America Documents (The Avalon Project)
- Confederate States of America Government Documents during the initial four-month period from December 24, 1860 to April 29, 1861.
A Digest of the Military and Naval Laws of the Confederate States
- A digest of the military and naval laws of the Confederate States : from the commencement of the Provisional Congress to the end of the first Congress under the permanent constitution, by Confederate States of America.
Documenting the American South
- Details the rise of Southern secessionism using first-hand written accounts, literature and narratives from the time period.
Documents of The American Civil War
- Documents and reference material relating to Confederate action.
Gazkhan's Civil War Re-enacting, History and Hobbies Page
- Site contains history of Palmetto Regiment, and articles on Confederate flags, the Rebel Yell, Succession Cockades, and the Armies surrender. Also has information on reenacting and war gaming.
Genesis of the Civil War
- Deals primarily with the issues leading to the War, from a Southerner's perspective.
Introduction to CSA Stamps and Postal History
- Stamps of the Confederacy.
John Bachman Letter to Henry Summer
- Written in 1851, the letter outlines some of the concerns of Southerners after the compromise of 1850 that eventually led to secession.
Milam County, Texas Civil War Page
- Provides a brief history of the Confederate and state military units raised in Milam County, Texas during the Civil War and their commanding officers.
The Papers of Jefferson Davis
- Well done website about the President of the Confederate States of America.
- Civil War information, history, time lines, images and videos. Information about the Confederacy, its flag and its history.
The Statutes at Large of the Confederate States of America,
- The legal code of the Confederacy. Full text available on this site.
War Department Collection of Confederate Records
- An index to the huge quantity of Confederate records collected and cataloged by the National Archhives.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2015 at 17:24:07 UTC -