the entire directory
only in Wars/Civil_War
Open Directory - Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars: Civil War
Chats and Forums
Magazines and E-zines
Recreation: Antiques: US Civil War
Reference: Maps: Historical
Society: Ethnicity: African: African-American: History
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: By State
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century: Underground Railroad
Society: Organizations: Lineage: American Wars and Conflicts
This category in other languages:
A Civil War Haiku
- A haiku verse by Melissa Whelan inspired by the American Civil War; an ode of homage to the valor of our most deadly conflict.
American Civil War
- Categorized links, general resources, documentary records, and state and local studies. Maintained by Dr. George H. Hoemann, University of Tennessee.
American Civil War
- Includes flags, maps and timeline, casualties of the civil war, battles and statistics, women in the war, life stories and people search.
American Civil War Home
- Shotgun's Civil War site - including overviews of many different aspects of the war, biographies, battle summaries, photographs, selected official records, and Fox's Regimental losses.
American Military Communication 1860-1865
- US-CS balloons, telegraph, cryptography, Army-Navy signals, covert operations, forum, interactive code study lessons.
Astrocartography of the Secession of South Carolina
- Essay on the astrocartography of the Civil War, focus on how the planetary metaphors of Mars and Pluto were reflected in this historic event, by astrocartographer Rob Couteau.
Bits of Blue and Gray: An American Civil War Notebook
- The site honors both Union and Confederate Soldiers. It includes archives. letters. poetry,songs, and monthly columns.
CJ's Civil War
- A complete overlook of the War; including maps, indexes, statistics, flags, lists of battles, and photo gallery. Dedicated to the 13th W. Virginia.
Casey's On-Line Virtual Civil War Archive
- A virtual library of Civil War military histories, Union manuals and documents, includes links to other resources.
- A presentation of information about the battles and soldiers, in addition to a vast array of photographs and links.
Civil War Academy
- Information about many aspects of the most bloody conflict in United States history.
Civil War Archive
- A collection of American Civil War regimental histories, letters from home and diary excerpts.
Civil War Battles
- Repository of information about Civil War battles, people, a timeline, and a summary.
Civil War Bookshelf
- Trends in Civil War publishing, CW historiography, CW civic remembrance, and pop culture.
Civil War Chaplains
- Description of qualifications and the role of Civil War chaplains, who shared every part of the soldiers' lives. Includes some photographs.
Civil War Index Page
- Categorized links, includes archives, bibliographies, books and "Gateways" category. A list of Civil War links frequently updated and maintained by Prof. Jim Janke of Dakota State University.
Civil War Maps Collection
- Library of Congress collection of reconnaissance, sketch, coastal, and theater-of-war maps depicting troop activities and fortifications.
Civil War Rosters - All States
- A list of regimental roster links by state.
Civil War Search
- A directory and a Civil War search based on Google custom search engine.
Civil War Signal Corps
- Descriptions, manuals and photographs of the signal equipment and methods used during the American Civil War.
Civil War Slang
- Civil War Slang for all "fresh fish" or "top rail skunks."
Civil War Slang
- Listing of slang terms still used in today's language.
Civil War Treasures from the New-York Historical Society
- Includes recruiting posters for New York City regiments of volunteers; stereographic views documenting the mustering of soldiers and of popular support for the Union in New York City; photography showing the war's impact, both in the north and south; and drawings and writings by ordinary soldiers on both sides.
Civil War Zone
- A collection of Civil War related biographies, documents, songs, chronology, battle orders, links, and recipes.
Civil War at Smithsonian
- Examines the Civil War through the Smithsonian Institutes extensive collections. It includes resources, a detailed timeline, and images with detailed descriptions.
- A southwestern fort and a Civil war Battlefield, where Confederate General Sibley fought Union General E.R.S. Canby. A New Mexico historical site.
George Tyler Moore Center for the Study of the Civil War
- The mission of the center is to promote scholarly research war through the development of a database that contains pertinent military, socio-economic and medical data on Union and Confederate servicemen, with initial emphasis on West Virginia's soldiers.
Great American History
- Free educational material on the American Civil War and Abraham Lincoln, site provides an outline, library, and lesson plans.
Hispanics in America's Defense
- History of Civil War units containing men of Spanish ancestry who fought for the Confederacy and the Union.
Historical Natural History: Insects and the Civil War
- The fact that microbes caused more death than hostile fire is well known to the student of the American Civil War. This account reveals the influence of insects on soldiering during the Civil War.
Intelligence in the American Civil War
- The works of Edwin C. Fishel, a noted author in the area of intelligence, reveals covert operations, spies and intrigue gathered from his research on the role of intelligence in the Civil War.
Matts Civil War
- Links about the American Civil War.
Mikes Civil War Artifacts
- Relics of the Civil War. Site offers information about insignias of rank and branch of service, documents from the conflict, uniforms, and related collector information.
RareMap Collection - American Civil War
- Pictures of maps used in the conflict.
Religion in the Civil War: The Northern Side
- Overview, online resources, and guidance for classroom discussion. On TeacherServe from the National Humanities Center.
Remembering The Civil War
- A history of the war to preserve its memories.
Scots in the Civil War
- The stories of men and women born in Scotland who fought in the American Civil War.
Storypath: A Nation Divided
- A social studies curriculum unit in the Storypath series dealing with the Civil War, specifically the area around Chattanooga.
The United States Civil War
- This site has information on the U.S. Civil War and the people in it, as well as some of the battles fought.
The American Civil War from 1861-1865
- Contains information and links about Lincoln, Lee, Grant, Gettysburg, Appomattox, Bull Run, Antietam, other battles and Civil War History.
The Civil War
- The American Battlefield Protection Program's site for Civil War Battlefields and related issues. On-line publications, features, publications to order, and links to National Civil War Parks.
The Civil War Home Page
- A collection of Civil War related links, photos, letters and diaries, documents, and battle reports.
The History Place - U.S. Civil War 1861-1865
- An easy-to-use American Civil War timeline with many original photographs and interesting quotes.
The New York City Draft Riots of 1863
- An illustrated account of five days of mayhem in July 1863, which included the lynching of eleven black men.
The Valley of the Shadow, Two Communities in the American Civil War
- Hypermedia archive of thousands of primary sources. Follows two communities before, during, and after the American Civil War, Augusta County, Virginia, and Franklin County, Pennsylvania.
The War of the Rebellion in Cornell University's Making of America
- Complete online text of the Official Records of the Civil War.
The Western Theater in the Civil War
- Information about the Army of the Cumberland and George H. Thomas source page and the Army of Tennessee and Braxton Bragg source page.
U.S. Army Center of Military History - Civil War Commemoration
- Commemorates U.S. Army operations in the Civil War and the soldiers who carried them out. Includes timeline, published material, art and photos, archival material and additional resources.
U.S. CivilWar Center
- Site promotes the study of the American Civil War.
US Civil War Generals
- A concise index to the generals who fought on both sides of the US Civil War, and has been specifically prepared for the Internet.
US Civil War: Internet Modern History Sourcebook
- A series of historical primary on-line resources intended to serve the needs of teachers and students in college survey courses in American history.
Virginia Civil War Battles
- Virginia Civil War information including battles and the State flag history.
Wikipedia: Origins of the American Civil War
- Four-part article exploring the causes of the conflict.
Usenet alt.war.civil.usa -
Usenet soc.history.war.us-civil-war -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:45:40 AM EDT -